Ipso Facto

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Ipso Facto

Postby grant » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:24 pm

I have fallen in love with Ipso Facto.

Are they related to Theoretical Girl? Or is the spidery guitar plus organ plus bobbed hair thing part of some other marvelous neo-mod movement?

I may have to start buying records again.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 pm

I want all those dresses. all of them.

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:09 pm

Well the funny thing is, they look like "Headcoatees" to the Horrors, though they apparently emerged from different London scenes. (The Horrors are from East London and Ipso Facto are seemingly from London propah.)

Though both groups are neogothic with their two-tone outfits, bowl cut hairdos and apparent disdain of food, the Horrors fancy themselves destructively craven, almost punk, whereas Ipso Facto take the spooky, gloomy trippy tack. I dig em both.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am

Squid wrote:Well the funny thing is, they look like "Headcoatees" to the Horrors, though they apparently emerged from different London scenes. (The Horrors are from East London and Ipso Facto are seemingly from London propah.)

Though both groups are neogothic with their two-tone outfits, bowl cut hairdos and apparent disdain of food, the Horrors fancy themselves destructively craven, almost punk, whereas Ipso Facto take the spooky, gloomy trippy tack. I dig em both.

I love how you can spit out what sounds like magazine copy without even trying. Is this what is sounds like in your head?

Harvey Winters
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Harvey Winters » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:06 pm

"Emo Bangles"...lol

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:15 am

I only know "Headcoatees" as a band name on a couple mix-CDs.

Explain yourself, cephalopod!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:02 pm

oh dear, you need to explore!
http://www.myspace.com/theeheadcoatees
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thee_Headcoatees
http://comcast.rhapsody.com/theeheadcoatees (can't test if that works, it's a US thing only.)

Davy Crockett is a classic.

Squid

Postby Squid » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Betty Felon wrote:I love how you can spit out what sounds like magazine copy without even trying. Is this what is sounds like in your head?

*blush* Well, I'm kinda cheating, seeing as I just wrote about the Horrors recently. It's all still fresh in mah mind. Different story with Th' Headcoatees, tho! Without checking any of Liesbeth's links for new, exciting facts...Thee Headcoatees were female counterparts to Billy Childish's legendary garage group Thee Headcoats. Childish was/is a producing powerhouse and had scads o' side projects that he ran in addition to Thee Headcoats.

I've linked his name to his bio above - and Grant, I think you will really dig his manifestos...

leigh

Postby leigh » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Wow! I only knew of Billy Childish's poetry. Thanks, Squid, for opening up this new avenue into his other artistic ventures....

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Oh, this is all falling into place. Yes, the same mix had Headcoats on as well, and came from a guy who I remember talking about Billy Childish.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:47 pm

i just got into a seattle band called the hands. their music makes them sexy, but i dont know what they look like yet.

i have a job interview with forever 21 tomorrow, wish me luck!

Return to “Cattywampus”