Te-le-vision

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Ok, that's two votes for Veronica Mars and three for The Wire. I think those will be my next netflix forays.

Maybe V. Mars first, as it's summer and I'm not sure I'm ready for a big heavy drama quite yet.

Oh, I also want to add that my antennae picks up a channel that is sometimes the BBC, sometimes polish news, sometimes chinese news, and sometimes korean dramas and variety shows. There is a subtitled show on occasionally that features pet dogs with voiceovers making them talk. It's amazing. I wish I knew it's name. I watch that, too.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:59 pm

OK, I'll weigh in:

Survivor
Top Chef
Project Runway

House
Bones
Slings and Arrows <---Really great Canadian dramady with a three season arc about a Summerstock Shakespeare company.

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:36 am

i thought there'd be more love for lost around here. my boyfriend's a big fan and has got me hooked on it. i'm only about a quarter of the way through season three, but he's told me that season four has been good and better than season three. *shrug* i'm hooked and there's no going back now...

not having an actual tv, i don't watch it regulary, but there are dvds of course: lost as mentioned above, waiting on season six of curb your enthusiasm from the library, and i'm finishing season four of scrubs right now.

junker347

Postby junker347 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 am

Lost is the finest program currently on television... it just indulges every part of me that likes adventure shows, fantasy shows, and good dramas. Season 4 OMG the finale, that's all I'll say.

Arrested Development is the finest program over history to grace the television with its presence. RIP and may you make a good movie.

I like Two and a Half Men too, I'm just getting into it.

icapants

Postby icapants » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:26 pm

junker347 wrote:Lost is the finest program currently on television... it just indulges every part of me that likes adventure shows, fantasy shows, and good dramas. Season 4 OMG the finale, that's all I'll say.

Arrested Development is the finest program over history to grace the television with its presence. RIP and may you make a good movie.

I like Two and a Half Men too, I'm just getting into it.

I only have one thing to say about this:

Buster: My Army training tells me... that this is going to be a hot mission.
Michael: What? A hot mission?
Buster: Yes. I create a diversion, and you grab George Michael and go. We need a name. Maybe "Operation Hot Mother".
Michael: No, le-let's try to top that.
Narrator: They never did, and later, "Operation Hot Mother" was underway.

kyle_s9

Postby kyle_s9 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:25 pm

The New Music
Dexter
The Office
Weeds
How I Met Your Mother
30 Rock

thats about it

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:43 pm

telly is evil. but bring on camp rock and j.o.n.a.s.!!!!!!

who else misses 21 jump street? or old school saved by the bell? word!

sorry for confusing a ldubs show with camp rock, but who doesnt like barney? (demi lavato alert- ha)

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

sour29 wrote:Veronica Mars was a great show, too bad I didn't get into it until it was almost in the grave. And I'm not the least bit ashamed to say I loved Gilmore Girls. At least before the last two or three seasons anyway...

that last season of gilmore girls was pretty bad. i don't know too many fans that were happy with that season. i was glad they put it out of it's misery and didn't do another season.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 am

Betty Felon wrote:Dear lord, Brutalful, you should really be a professional tv watcher. You must seriously watch a day job's worth of tv every week!

Sorry sour, she wins.

i WISH i could do it for a living. i think it would be awesome to be paid for what i do anyway. :)

to tell you the truth i don't know how i can watch that much. i mean i do take care of a household of 3 (5 if you count the pets). the dvr does up the watching opportunities tho. i probably wouldn't be able to watch half as much or get half as many other things done.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:05 pm

The last season of Gilmore Girls was at times painful to watch. But as much as I'd like to blame it on Amy leaving the show, her last season wasn't so fantastic either. I still blame Logan.

Edit: I find it hard to believe I watch so much TV. I used to watch none at all, seriously. Somewhere along the lines, I went ADD and needed something attacking my senses constantly, whether I was paying attention or not.

icapants

Postby icapants » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm

sour29 wrote:The last season of Gilmore Girls was at times painful to watch. But as much as I'd like to blame it on Amy leaving the show, her last season wasn't so fantastic either. I still blame Logan.

After the fact, ASP admitted they did sort of write themselves into a corner. Whatever.

It did get really bad at the end, but the very last (maybe last two?) episodes were not so bad, with the graduation and whatnot.

But I guess there is a reason I only own the first four seasons.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:20 am

icapants wrote:
sour29 wrote:The last season of Gilmore Girls was at times painful to watch. But as much as I'd like to blame it on Amy leaving the show, her last season wasn't so fantastic either. I still blame Logan.

After the fact, ASP admitted they did sort of write themselves into a corner. Whatever.

It did get really bad at the end, but the very last (maybe last two?) episodes were not so bad, with the graduation and whatnot.

But I guess there is a reason I only own the first four seasons.

i still love watching the old days of dean *swoon*. i was so upset when they broke them up but man jess was hot too! who could choose?!?!

i'm not sure how many seasons i own now. i think 5. i plan to get them all.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 am

I started watching "Greatest American Dog" when it came out, but now I'm going to stop...
It's so fucking infuriating!!!
I don't know who I hate more, some of the owners, or the judges....
The owners can be impatient and harsh, and the judges are snobs....
Don't tell me that because you edit a magazine, makes you better than other people, and gives you the right to say what you think is best for your animal....

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:31 am

Two favorites:

1-Star Trek: Deep Space Nine-a number of the writers on DS9 became the creative forced behind Battlestar Galactica; similar themes, characters and dilemas--different results and more action!

2-Cowboy Bebop: Remix-An anime? Yes. A fantastic tv show where each episode is musically themed and stylized? Oh yes. Just watch the intro.

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:03 am

the new fall season has started so there are new shows to watch!

i am now watching (along with the others i mentioned before):
fringe
privileged
90210 (new)
america's toughest jobs

AND...ellen's back! yay!

some others we are looking forward to:
my own worst enemy
eleventh hour
life on mars

watched do not disturb last week and passed on it this week. it was not so good.

also watching the grizzly man diaries (the guy who lived with bears for like 13 years until one killed him) and dogtown (about a dog rescue no kill facility). i've also been watching a series that breaks down the functions of the human body into numbers to compare to something every day that you can grasp. it's very interesting.

anybody else? anyone watching any new shows they like (or don't like)?

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:28 pm

Kitchen Nightmares
Dog Whisperer (I learned A lot, watching that show)
NFL's Top 10

SMALLVILLE IS BACK!!!

kaiden

Postby kaiden » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:35 pm

LoveSickJerk wrote:2-Cowboy Bebop: Remix-An anime? Yes. A fantastic tv show where each episode is musically themed and stylized? Oh yes. Just watch the intro.

So, I was watching the pre-preview AMC thing before Burn After Reading and they were talking about Chuck and the new Christian Slater show on NBC. When it started it up the music that was playing was the Cowboy Bebop intro. I nearly cried.

icapants

Postby icapants » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:15 pm

I freaking love the Cowboy Bebop intro. Well, I love Cowboy Bebop in general, but the theme just has... so much energy.

Currently Watching:
House (OMGWILSONWTF?)
Gossip Girl
One Tree Hill

Just Finished:
Blackadder

Waiting for Netflix to get their junk together and send me:
Spaced

It's a nice small list, which is good since classes start Monday. And really the only show I have plans to keep up with is House.

<3 Hugh Laurie.

Moni

Postby Moni » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 pm

icapants wrote:
<3 Hugh Laurie.

Absolutely. An HL-crazy friend of mine introduced me to "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". Glorious stuff!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:47 pm

hmmmm....i can't seem to be interested in tv lately. maybe I'm in denial that summer is over.

I plan to start the whole Buffy thing soon. I hear season 1 sucks, but I have to be completeist about it, so I'm going to start there.

I miss you, BSG. I don't miss anything else.

Return to “Cattywampus”