R.I.P., Lux Interior.

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

R.I.P., Lux Interior.

Postby grant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 am

He was 60 and had a heart condition.

Poison Ivy is a widow.

Good retrospective (with videos) at Pitchfork, and more words at The Daily Swarm:

“Well the first time we stepped onstage at CBGBs we thought we were gonna do it once. We never thought about a second time, we were just thinking, ‘Let’s see if we get beat up or what happens.’ And ever since that night it’s been a million laughs. We still get up there and we get to play really loud, there’s all these people screaming at you, there’s flashing lights in your face…I can’t think of any other way to make a living. It’s all we know now.”

The Cramps were a singular band - they took a whole tradition of forgotten, forgettable American culture and made it relevant again. A bridge between Herschel Gordon Lewis and Patti Smith. This may be nothing more than wild speculation, but I honestly don't think Miley Cyrus would be covering "Fever" if Lux & Ivy hadn't covered it first.

Squid

Re: R.I.P., Lux Interior.

Postby Squid » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:15 pm

*hangs head*

There will NEVER be another like him.

I recommend "URGH! A Music War" to all who have not seen it.

*tentacles droop*

*sigh*

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 am

wow, some people never age in my head and seem immortal

he sure was one of a kind, and I think it's safe to say no one can fill his shoes, if only because they cannot rock those heels.

leigh

Postby leigh » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Squid wrote:
I recommend "URGH! A Music War" to all who have not seen it.

Now THAT brings up memories! Unfortunately I lost my VHS copy long ago and it's still not available on DVD...

Return to “Cattywampus”