Record Store Day

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Record Store Day

Postby sour29 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 pm

So, apparently this is coming up again tomorrow. As always, Toronto gets to participate in it only so far as some local bands play free shows in the stores or 10% discounts.

Can someone who's participating south of the border mind picking me up a copy of the Cursive / Ladyfinger(ne) 10" split picture disc? I'll paypal the necessary funds, of course! :)

Everyone else who participates: where did you go? what did you see? and what did you get? Records! yay!

junker347

Re: Record Store Day

Postby junker347 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:46 pm

a friend is posting me the Graham Coxon 10" from the UK which features an etching by him on the B-side pressed just for RSD!! win!!
Sour, didn't see any copies of the Cursive, the manager of the store I went to said 2 guys showed up at 10am and bought like 50% of the indie singles. Thanks 2 guys, now I have to pay like $40 online for a damn Sonic Youth/Beck split (note: I won't actually buy for that much).

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks for looking! I guess I should've expected as much. Did you end up picking anything good from the 50% left?

junker347

Postby junker347 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Nah, all that was left that I was remotely interested in were the Grizzly Bear and Black Moth Super Rainbow 7"s but at $7 - $9 they didn't really seem worth it. Seriously, what's up with the 7" price gouging?? Though in hindsight (cue TLW joke), I should have got them because they're selling for like $30 on ebay. Even worse price gouging!

Return to “Cattywampus”