Shameless Self Promotion Thread #784

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

zach

Shameless Self Promotion Thread #784

Postby zach » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi fellow Little Winters,

I thought I might let you all in on a rarely-shared aspect of my life via the following shameless self-promotional information! I am making a short, silent, semi-autobiographical, pixilated film. That's a lot of qualifiers. Anyway, if you're unsure what pixilation is, think about claymation... except using real human subjects. Anyway, if you're at all interested in following my/our progress, please check out http://www.hereandgonemovie.com

And! If you're feeling especially generous, you could help us out with our relatively minimal but still omnipresent budget woes. Maybe your contribution will put us over the edge, allowing us to submit our film to the festival that will make us rich and famous, surely benefiting you somehow in the long run! Plus, give a dollar and you can receive a photograph that we actually used in the making of the film! For more info on this aspect specifically, see http://hereandgonemovie.com/post/217520255

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread #784

Postby NatureBoy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm

What ever happened to "Forgotten but Not Yet Gone"?

zach

Postby zach » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:14 pm

It's, um, gone? But not forgotten?

Or something.

I'm hoping it'll make it's premiere before Through With Love.

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 am

So what's going to be released first:
- "Forgotten but Not Yet Gone"
- "Through With Love" doc
- new TLW album

Aah the anticipation! :)

Zach, I like the idea of sneding pictures for little donations!

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:01 pm

zach wrote:I'm hoping it'll make it's premiere before Through With Love.

ba-zing!

zach

Postby zach » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Yet another thing to self-promote.

But, really, it's more a call for submissions!

A group of artist friends (including myself) is looking for help and submissions for a new thing we're working on. It's called "Through This Window" and it's a documentary webseries, webzine, and cooperative web-based multimedia project. Check out the very simple, but hopefully informative, website here.

There's a long semi-serious list of the kinds of people we want on board, and on the basis of your impeccable music taste, each of you Little Winters is one of them.

The first installment will be out in January. It's called "Unemployed!" Submissions of all sorts for this one will be due in mid-to-late December, but they will be accepted on an ongoing basis indefinitely for the gallery portion of the site. Plus, there will be a new theme each month!

I know there are lots of creative types here at the Elec-Tronic Salon and I intend to find you! So, seriously, go and check out the web site at http://www.ThroughThisWindow.com !

-Zach!

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm

cool, good luck.
could you do some more shameless self promotion once the first installment is there, I"m one of those shamefully stupid people that forget about the tantalizingly good pie promised last week unless my face gets pushed into the chantilly cream. Well, as a figure of speech, I wouldn't forget about actual pie. In fact, can I submit that as a possible future theme? It may seem a bit frivolous next to Unemployment, but frivolity is good, and so is pie.

zach

Postby zach » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks! I'll let you Little Winters know.

You could also send an email to info@ThroughThisWindow.com to be added to the email list!

zach

Postby zach » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:23 pm

The first installment of Through This Window was released today! Check out animation, video portraits, paintings, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, stand up comedy, an interactive interview and more, all on the subject of unemployment: http://www.ThroughThisWindow.com

The next installment is called "Unrequited Love." The deadline for submissions of all kinds is May 15th!

Return to “Cattywampus”