Introduction

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

kategottli
Current Heading: Ascending

Introduction

Postby kategottli » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:54 am

Hey all!

Just wanted to introduce myself... I've been a longtime lurker but didn't join until today for whatever reason. I'm up in Canada but am less than a minute from the Buffalo, NY border, so I'm a self-proclaimed dual citizen.

While writing that, I looked out my window to see if I could see the bridge from my house and instead saw a squirrel climbing a tree with an ENTIRE SLICE OF BREAD IN ITS MOUTH.

May the visual of this bring you some Christmas cheer.

sour29

Re: Introduction

Postby sour29 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:48 am

Hi Kate! Welcome, officially, to the board. The Canadians are taking over, and I love it!

And the squirrel with a entire slice of bread in its mouth? Ridiculous mental image - definitely LOL-worthy. Thanks! What's next? A squirrel with an entire LOAF of bread in its mouth?

Merry Christmas to you, and to all Little Winters who choose to celebrate it.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:23 pm

That would be LOLoaf-worthy.

kategottli

Postby kategottli » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:05 am

Canadians taking over lol ... and since we're Canadians it's assumed we all know each other, right? So it's a double takeover since we already have HISTORY with one another.

kategottli

Postby kategottli » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:06 am

I just re-read that and thought "oh sheesh, I hope that doesn't sound really pretentious and snotty."
*enter apologetic, "nice" Canadian stereotype

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:01 am

If anyone was pretentious and snotty it was the squirrel, trying on a whole slice of bread - which makes me wonder whether it was an American or a Canadian squirrel. Hm, is it very wrong to stereotype birds?

It's good to have long-time lurkers come out and post, let this be an invitation to others.

Moni

Postby Moni » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:38 am

Liesbeth wrote:which makes me wonder whether it was an American or a Canadian squirrel. Hm, is it very wrong to stereotype birds?

It's okay with birds, even necessary sometimes if you consider, for example, the coconut-carrying ability of swallows.
As for squirrels - not so much. Don't know about squirrely birds tho.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 am

Liesbeth wrote:If anyone was pretentious and snotty it was the squirrel, trying on a whole slice of bread - which makes me wonder whether it was an American or a Canadian squirrel.

I imagine a squirrel that close to the border would have long since applied for dual citizenship.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:30 am

Oh boy, did I really mistake a squirrel for a bird? My first mental image when reading squirrel was of a bird, like a sparrow or a swallow, it must have been all the rich christmas food going to my brain. Of course, it would be really amazing if a sparrow could carry of a whole slice of bread, but I figured North-American sparrows might be bigger than European ones.

Animals with citizenship, now that's a creepy idea. Nope, you cannot fly to Africa for the winter, your visa has expired, migrating bird! Hand over those nuts, squirrel, they were illegally imported from the USA to Canada.

Squid

Postby Squid » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:22 pm

I know nothing of squirrels and swallows. But I DO like people named Kate.

And I adore pugs. I had a pug, once. His name was Mould. For Bob. I loved him very, very much.

My name is not Bob, though. It's Squid*. Welcome!

*And Kate. But that's another story.

kategottli

Postby kategottli » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm

I was actually a Katie until I got married. For some reason the whole 'first name rhyming with your last name' is one of those things that just makes me feel like I'm 3 and a half years old rather than my mature 25.

Also, the pug is Oliver. He's about 6 months old and has more personality than half my graduating class... http://www.hiyoooo.com/ .

p.s. that website makes dogs CRAZY.

Return to “Cattywampus”