Hey... don't I know you guys?

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Hey... don't I know you guys?

Postby No You Are » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:59 pm

So, I'm not dead, just been hibernating for a while. And by hibernating, I mean sitting in amazement at how much work two kids is. It has seriously hindered my social, music and socially musical life.

So anyway, what has been happening around here?

How is the new album? Oh... not yet eh? Well I'm sure it will be out soon.

If anyone can sum up the board's activity in a single post, it would be appreciated.

Actually, make it one sentence... I can't read a full post without having to go pull a 10 month old off the steps/chair/table/cat.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Re: Hey... don't I know you guys?

Postby sour29 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Board activity? Here, I'll paraphrase it in a quote:

Yeah, that about covers it.

But really, John did an awesome version of Portland on the radio, which you can see in video on the radio stations website. If that isn't too many paradoxes for you.

John played a Simon and Garfunkel set with Aimee Mann that was OK, but the rest of the concert was embarrassingly bad. I believe Garfunkel was there, but I'm sure he was gracious about the whole thing.

John is doing three shows over the course of the summer at the Double Door. It's on the other side of the continent from where I am, so although one falls on my 27th birthday, and I have it on good authority that another sour29 favourite might be there as well, I'm stuck in Canada.

John spends time with John Vanderslice. Eats breakfast. Continues to avoid work on new album by Twittering, but telling Barsuk he's really writing notes for lyrics on his phone.

Liesbeth had another birthday. Pooh was there. It was wonderful. She is coming to Seattle and the west coast later this summer (Pooh's accompaniment is as of yet unconfirmed), and wants to do fun and interesting things.

Some people care about soccer and are talking about it. If they're anything else like the people I know, they're upset their team is out so early. I clicked on this thread once by accident.

A new guy comes and introduces himself. Grant calls him a nerd. New guy is never heard from again.

And I'm not sure, but Moni has probably posted a link about hilarious and/or adorable creatures I've never heard of before. A link is provided which may or may not include embedded video of the animal doing something likely mundane in the animal kingdom, but makes us all squee uncontrollably.

I'm pretty sure you haven't missed the seasonal CD swap.

No You Are

Postby No You Are » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 am

Yup... sounds about right. I'd mock you guys for doing the same thing all the time, but you know what they say about people in glass houses... you can watch them shower from the street.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:02 pm

What'ya mean, doing the same things all the time, I've never been to the West Coast before. Nor is my team out of the World Cup yet. You guys are bent on stirring things, aren't you? Well, I ain't biting.

NYA, did you catch the bit about Jonathan becoming a math teacher? So far no one has commented that his new math is treason, so I guess things really HAVE been slow here.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm acerbic, I am.

No You Are

Postby No You Are » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:51 am

A math teacher? For serious? This is how you know your band is indie, when you multi-instramentalist quits to teach. I don't think Tool has that problem.

So is it back to a 3 piece? Do they have a drummer?

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 am

Everything is different now! Here are pics of the 2 new guys.

Return to “Cattywampus”