In Sickness And In Health

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

In Sickness And In Health

Postby Squid » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I just realized that I was wasting perfectly good food poisoning without visiting the SAH-lon to kvetch in style!

In case you were wondering, I haven't experienced food poisoning this awful since 2003, when some bad sushi procured in Wellington, NZ caused me to get all hella violently ill. My friend convinced me that I should carry on with my journey, even though I was pretty much hallucinating with the awful of it all. The problem was that the next stop on my trip was Rotarua. This is a place that is renowned for its hot springs. Many, many hot springs. In fact, certain parts of the city smell very strongly of sulphur. Like the place where I was staying. Unfortunate.

ANYWAY.

I'm currently doing that annoying thing that you are pretty much COMPELLED to do when you get food poisoning, which is to play Rewind My Life Stomach Detective to try and figure out what the hell I ate that went all wonky. I'm wondering if it wasn't the milk in my cocoa*.

ANYWAY.

Anyone else ill? Let's commiserate. It's fun!

*BORING. When did I become this boring? When did my illnesses become this boring? This is embarrassing.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Re: In Sickness And In Health

Postby grant » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 am

Does being tired count?

When did being tired become a universal in our society?

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:39 pm

I rarely get ill, but I agree about being tired as universal across societies. Actually, I guess that is the definition of universal.

Anyway, I am completely knackered. I seem to be working seven days a week and evenings. Tonight though I am off to see Jim Noir play, as long as I can stay awake during the drive into Manchester that is.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

I've got a cold that's been sitting on our house for the last week and a half. Not sure what is worse.... having the cold that won't go away or dealing with the 3-yr-old and 15-month-old that have the cold.

Been wiping LOTS of snot.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:37 am

After reading all your hardships, I feel very blessed to just have an itchy nose from dust allergy. Which is annoying, but didn't stop me from fixing our overhead kitchen light (ever try to cook for a week with just the small lights from the cooker hood?), doing loads of weekend shopping, vacuuming and other household tasks. Which are also quite boring come to think of it, but still made me happy because I don't have to do anything else.
Get well or rested, y'all.

Return to “Cattywampus”