Where can I get poster Art

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

jaredmorgenstern
Current Heading: North

Where can I get poster Art

Postby jaredmorgenstern » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Hey all,

New to the board but a huge Long Winters and had the opportunity to see John play at Union Bar in Brooklyn which was fantastic. I wanted to know if anyone has an idea where I can find some poster art, preferably with some lyrics on it. Someone has a blank wall to decorate...it's me.

cheers,
Jared

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Re: Where can I get poster Art

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:45 am

hi Jared, welcome to the board.

Not sure if I have anything to offer on your question, except for a 'hurrah' for the great idea. I've never come across any posters with lyrics on them. A long shot: for my fansite I have often used the gigposters.com site ( http://www.gigposters.com/posters.php?band=7860 ), perhaps they have a merchandise section? Each poster has info on who made it as well, perhaps that gives a lead to a designer who sells his work?

perhaps someone else here has more thoughts. Flyn, you still around, perhaps this would be a nice project for you: design a poster and have the band sell it - I would buy one.
nice side-line topic: what lyrics would we want on it. You have any faves, Jared?

jaredmorgenstern
Current Heading: North

Postby jaredmorgenstern » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:58 am

Hey! Awesome, yes someone here should get on this! Okay I suppose for me it would be Bride and Bridled, but I'd also take Ultimatum, Pushover, Blanket Hog (For the smaller posters? ;). Frankly there are too many to list but yeah Bride and Bridled would be my first choice! Anyone else?

J

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:31 pm

If you're into gritty DIY, I'm a fan of the rasterbator. Turns any graphic into a huge mosaic of 8x10 printouts.

Return to “Cattywampus”