I thought everyone from Seattle knew....

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

omphale

Post by omphale »

Confession: I didn't go to see TLW the first time they came through Mpls. because they were playing a Clear Channel venue. (However, I did see y'all later that night (I realize now after reading Sean's diary) at the Malkmus show. I only dimly recognized Sean (the hair is hard to miss), but having only met him once, and that having been the last night of SXSW I didn't rightly know who he was)

Luckily they came back through afew weeks later and played the best venue in town.

Bottom Line: I don't have enough money to give it away to Clear Channel venues, no matter who's playing. I'd rather drive 1700 miles to see them at a club that does things the old-fashioned way.
huck

Post by huck »

most of my seattle friends know who harvey danger and the long winters are, but would never admit it in public.

they're all in the local punk music scene, where such things are not discussed openly. except by me, of course. and i have the scars and bruises to prove it!! take THAT!

the things i do for love. . .
eric!

Post by eric! »

wait, whoa, when are radiohead playing seattle?

all i know about is the vancouver show with rem and wilco... who as far as i understand are then running right down to bumbershoot sans radiohead. i checked green plastic radiohead and they don't have any seattle dates...
A Brutaful Smile

Post by A Brutaful Smile »

eric! wrote:wait, whoa, when are radiohead playing seattle?

all i know about is the vancouver show with rem and wilco... who as far as i understand are then running right down to bumbershoot sans radiohead. i checked green plastic radiohead and they don't have any seattle dates...

radiohead play seattle, well auburn actually, august 31st.
huck

Post by huck »

me = thoroughly unhip

what is "clear channel" and why is it evil?
omphale

Post by omphale »

Clear Channel is a media conglomerate. They own 1232 radio stations. (ie. most of the stations in the US), and way too many live music venues. Listen to the interview I posted earlier. It's really pretty informative.
chelsea

Re: Clear Channel

Post by chelsea »

A Brutaful Smile wrote:but i am not so good w/money and spend it in ways i really shouldn't. music is my weakness.

the story of my LIFE

but hey, i got white stripes tickets for my birthday! counting the days til that show!

=chelsea=