"Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima"

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Damien_82

"Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima"

Post by Damien_82 »

Who knows this piece?
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

I've heard *of* it. I may even have heard excerpts, but they've floated out of my mind at the moment.

Why? Some sort of command performance required of you?
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

I was just curious. I've been listening to it a lot lately.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

I only know it through a paper one of my students wrote... uh.

But I recently saw/heard Beethoven's p. concert #3 (Yevegeny Kissin!) and I thought Gosh you were playing that some time ago, am I right.
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

Kissin is a genius...a true master of the keys. I saw him play a bit in Ann Arbor a couple years back. We only made it for the encores because we got stopped on the highway due to a semi-truck accident due to the tornado strength winds. Yes, you are correct. I played the Beethoven #3 at the end of last semester for a recital along with "Un Sospiro" (Concert Etude no. 3 in D-flat Major) by Liszt. I'm so flattered that you remembered.
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

Ah. I just realized I posted my first reponse on the actual anniversary. So there's a topicality to your question that eluded me at the time.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

Damien_82 wrote:Kissin is a genius...a true master of the keys. I saw him play a bit in Ann Arbor a couple years back. We only made it for the encores because we got stopped on the highway due to a semi-truck accident due to the tornado strength winds. Yes, you are correct. I played the Beethoven #3 at the end of last semester for a recital along with "Un Sospiro" (Concert Etude no. 3 in D-flat Major) by Liszt. I'm so flattered that you remembered.
well we dont have that many pianists here :)
he was very good indeed - had never heard him playing beethoven before, but it was excellent (adding in the vienna philharmonic). great approach to the overall work, very welkl balanced.... hmmmm :)
carlitos

2001, nu?

Post by carlitos »

Ah, Penderecki...

haunting stuff.