This is Halloween

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

This is Halloween

Postby Betty Felon » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:01 pm

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene,
Trick or treat till the neighbours gonna die of fright
It's our board, everybody scream!
This is the
Thread of Halloween.

I'm going as The Queen of Everything. My Blonde is going as A Flamingo. I once went as Gogol's Nose (10 dork points for Betty!). Apparently green turtlenecks/renegades tshirts are getting scarce in The Chi, so I expect to see lots of Cubs Jerks this year. But what I really want to see is a sea of mexican wrestlers.

What will you be this year? And/or what was your best costume ever? Highest number of mullets seen at the pumpkin patch? Best mischief? Other thoughts, considerations, questions, comments or hilarity?

Give me your best Halloween tales. Boo!

This is Halloween, this is Halloween,
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

i love my car

Postby i love my car » Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:21 pm

I've really got nothing interesting. For an 80s impersonation party, I would like to be Menudo, but I really don't see myself pulling it off well. I'll have to think about that one.
One year me and a friend went as The Beatles. We wore suits, and we each had two masks. Well, they were just pictures on popsicle sticks, but still. We carried around a tape player with a mixed tape of Beatles' music, and went door to door in a very mod/rocker/mocker manner. It was pretty exciting.

warmfuzzysocks

Postby warmfuzzysocks » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:02 pm

this year i'm going to be 'devil with a blue dress on' a la mitch ryder and the detroit wheels. thought it was a cute idea...

here's me last year... probably my best ever....

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:45 pm

socks, FANTASTIC. Elvis is a classic. Well played. Devil in a Blue Dress is definitely a cute idea. I love it.

And to i love my car, (I love your avatar), if I was going to an 80's party I would go as Teen Wolf. Or hey, Gene Wilder would be fun if you got into one of his characters.

Or you could go 80s richie prep and carry around a tennis racket and wear a pink Lacrosse polo shirt and white pants. Then when you leave the 80s party you can tell everyone you are John from the Long Winters Spokane show. Play the tennis racket as a guitar.

Or you could go as Dee Dee King....That would be Dee Dee Ramone's attempt at a rap career:
ImageHOTT!

Personally, I've always been a fan of wearing whatever I want and then telling people that I'm going as something that's more of an idea than a costume. I heard about some lecture on the radio today, "The Woman Who Pretended To Be What She Really Was" sounds like a kickass costume to me.... Maybe I'll go as that.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:44 pm

dude- i dont have anythin g to do on halloween- i dont have many friends t o go somewhere with. my dad is going on a mystery trainride with his wife and another couple.

i suppose i could dress up like j.lo- ive got one of her outfits she desines the tan velour thing. but who would b e my ben? so :P

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:57 am

You need to make your own Halloween fun. Thats the best part about Halloween....it's not about happy I-appreciate-life gatherings....it's about candy. And mischief. And scareing the fear the death out of the young.

If you go as JLo, I think it would be 10x cooler if you made that big pink rock slice her hand and heal over...like in Billy Idol's "White Wedding" video. (I had nightmares about that image for quite a while.) That way even if you stay home, you can prominently display it to trick-or-treaters.

If people ask you where your ben is, tell them he jumped out a window when the Red Sox choked. Then shoot them in the face with silly string and steal thier candy.

To everyone else: I am disappointed with the lack of Halloween enthusiasm on this board.

You think you are too cool for Halloween? You are wrong! Halloween is too cool for you!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:52 am

Scary Halloween Cow. This was David Lynch's entry in the Cow Parade. It was rejected. (If you don't know what a Cow Parade is, you are lucky.)

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:32 pm

i'm getting a feeling i won't be doing anything this year. but....the 2 years that i actually made my own costumes were my best.
one year i was roman, so i made my own toga w/gold trim and a crown of leaves (no idea what they call those). i had fancy gold wristbands and even sandles i made but they fell apart almost immediately at the party i went to.
another year i was melanie the drummer of josie and the pussycats. i took one of those already made costumes and tore it up to the way i liked it. i cut the fingers out of the gloves for one thing. i didn't use the pants so i ripped all the fuzzy stuff off them and used them as trim other places, like on the ears. i wasn't sure if anyone would know what i was, but they sure did. i even carried drumsticks incase people thought i was just a cat.
last year i wasn't very creative. i dressed up really glitsy and said i was a rockstar.

inverted/converted

Postby inverted/converted » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:11 am

weird.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:31 am

omg.
your avatar!

smelllikelime

Postby smelllikelime » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:17 am

Hey, my friend is going as a devil in a blue dress, too. I just barely know what I'm doing for Hallowe'en. I have elf ears, so I'm going to wear them for sure. My other friend is going to be an emo kid and she's got an extra pair of dork glasses, so I could be an emo elf maybe. I also thought of being a hobo elf. Anyone have any elfy ideas for me?

My best hallowe'en costume was when I was little and I went as a witch and my mom covered my face in scary green make up. I always end up being something lame nowadays, because I'll think of something awesome in fucking january and completely forget it by the time october rolls around.

Also one time this cute boy was carrying my candy for me in junior high and some little thugs (who I think were younger than us) started stealing everyone's candy and he just handed mine right over. That jerkface!! There was a lot of candy in my bag too... sad.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:01 am

What a wuss! I hope you made him give you his candy. I woulda taken all his candy and made him do the truffle shuffle (uh....Goonies.) to get a peice. each time.

An elf huh? let's see...there's Keebler elves...and they also come in cookie form. Then there's the Santa's sweatshop kind. And, of course, there's the hottie-orlando-bloom kind from the hobbit movies. There was girl one...you could go as the Liv Tyler elf. But that's no fun.

You you could also put more green face paint on and go as one of the Happy Little Elves from the Simpsons.
Chilly, Moldy, Doofy, Yendor, Bubbles (I have no idea which is which) Image I'd say the guy in the back with the striped shirt staring at his pointy elf shoes would be your emo elf. Course, these guys are really happy. and that's not very emo.

Do gnomes have pointy ears? Because gnomes are in the news these days.

I think I might change my mind again and go as my Evil Twin. I can't be named just Evil Betty. I need a good Evil Twin name....

smelllikelime

Postby smelllikelime » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:31 pm

Betty Felon wrote:What a wuss! I hope you made him give you his candy. I woulda taken all his candy and made him do the truffle shuffle (uh....Goonies.) to get a peice. each time.

You you could also put more green face paint on and go as one of the Happy Little Elves from the Simpsons.

He gave up his candy too!!

The Happy Little Elves... !@#$%&! Betty, I heart you, I really do. Now to just find something blue to wear and hope I can find green make up. Ee!

I wish I could repay you think of the perfect evil twin name... maybe Ytteb? (Betty backwards...?) Maybe I'll think of something better later...

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:49 pm

Betty Felon wrote:Do gnomes have pointy ears? Because gnomes are in the news these days.

Like David the Gnome? Please tell me someone remembers David the Gnome! Image

heather

Postby heather » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:23 am

i love love love [or at least loved loved loved] david the gnome. what the hell was that fox's name? the one he rode around on?

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:58 pm

heather wrote:i love love love [or at least loved loved loved] david the gnome. what the hell was that fox's name? the one he rode around on?

Swift!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:52 pm

Looks like gnomes do not have pointy ears. That is, if David the Gnome was an accurate representation of Gnomedom.

But Gnomes have bigger things to worry about lately...it seems there is a crimewave of gnome abductions in France. Recently, a group called the Gnome Liberation Front (GGLF) released 75 of them to the care of the French police. The police organized a "Gnome Return Day", but very few people showed up and only ONE gnome found it's owner. Now the gnomes are trapped in the police station.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... _gnomes_dc

Poor Gnomes.

smelllikelime

Postby smelllikelime » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:59 pm

Hahahah! I see Grumpy right in the front!

heather

Postby heather » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:12 pm

what am i for all hallows eve?

poly styrene. I AM THE COOLEST [or laziest because i'm just wearing all my own clothes] PERSON EVER! except i don't have the braces.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:34 am

i just had to literally cut myself out of my marilyn monroe dress that i wore for the past 13 hours. ow. ow. ow. it was so tight. and my feet! and lipstick is such a pain. ugh. being pretty ain't easy.

Return to “Cattywampus”