Nifty, Gifty, and Weird

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Nifty, Gifty, and Weird

Post by Betty Felon »

The LW board should take part in that special holiday tradition that every newspaper in the country takes part in... Namely, running an article titled "You Shouldn't Have" that details the horrible gifts readers or staff have received that holiday season.

But we here at the Elec-tronic Salon and Discussion Table are all so good natured, polite and full of true holiday warmth, that we would never be so crass as to criticize such a kind act as being given a gift.

So let us celebrate them instead! What are the cool, weird, wonderfully bizzare or confusing things you've received this year?
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Me:

1.) A Shower Cap. But no ordinary shower cap..oh no, this was one of those fancy fabric, ruffley kind that I thought went extinct in the 50's. It is pink. It suits me.

2.) Maracas. YAY! I didn't ask for them and never imagined that I would ever posses maracas, but I now own a very shiny green pair of noise makers. The person who gave them to me lives in my residence and I'm sure immediately regretted giving them to me. Sometimes I play them while wearing my shower cap.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

I got the LOTR version of risk. I love risk. i like LOTR a lot. it works. YAY!
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

LoveSickJerk wrote:I got the LOTR version of risk. I love risk. i like LOTR a lot. it works. YAY!

Heh.

I got a LOTR Chess set, and my brother got a LOTR Monopoly game.
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

a plastic yellow hardhat.
Midori

Post by Midori »

My boyfriend got me a bottle of dramamine and a box of bendryl along with some other stuff so that I would be all set next time I stayed at his house. (The car ride there makes me sick and I'm allergic to his cat.) I thought it was pretty funny.
smelllikelime

Post by smelllikelime »

A disco ball! I love it. A little book with a sticker paper doll. And I gave my friend who just had a baby a bib with a devil skeleton and crossbones on it, heh heh.
stargirl

Post by stargirl »

I got a shirt that says "I heart Nerds." Which is pretty much true, so I like it.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

Potholders.
heather

Post by heather »

socks, and chris rock's 'bigger and blacker' dvd.

yeah!
i love my car

Post by i love my car »

stop me if you've heard this one before, but i was given a colony of mushroom spores, and after i watered them for perhaps a week, they started to grow. like a chia pet, they grew grew grew.

yesterday i celebrated this amazing holiday gift by eating a very large mushroom omelette.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

i love my car wrote:stop me if you've heard this one before, but i was given a colony of mushroom spores, and after i watered them for perhaps a week, they started to grow. like a chia pet, they grew grew grew.

yesterday i celebrated this amazing holiday gift by eating a very large mushroom omelette.

COOL GIFT! And to think I had forgotten completely about the existence of spores...
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

As a thinner man once said: "I collect spores molds and fungus."
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

EGON!
longtimecoming

Post by longtimecoming »

dude im going backstage at linkin park/hoobastank.. weeeeeeee!

heres some stuff:

candies perfume
"rhcp greatest hits" "school of rock" (jack black is yummy!!)

a diamond/ameythyst bracelet, make up, cool newsboy cap and kick arse
scarf, a mini recorder, bon/macys gift cert. lane bryant gift cert and a fred meyer gift cert, bodywash..starbucks card.. and other stuff/ and like 50 gel pens! i had like 20 of em, and LOST THEM!
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

A ukulele, which I can't play in front of the baby because she keeps trying to play it herself (by grabbing the strings and pulling hard). It's a divine instrument, and one that took me entirely by surprise.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

i got that. a record player. and a radio. except mine is black.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

That thing is awesome chelsea. Wow. And grant, it sounds like you have to little musician under your wing.

It's funny that we continued inthe Christmas 2003 thread. But its funny to read last years posts. Like reading an old journal.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

grant wrote:A ukulele, which I can't play in front of the baby because she keeps trying to play it herself (by grabbing the strings and pulling hard). It's a divine instrument, and one that took me entirely by surprise.

"john's mom...she played the ukulele. so now whenever i meet an adult who can play the ukulele, i love 'em." - paul mccartney in the beatles anthology interviews
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

I still haven't played that LOTR Risk game. *Sigh* But I got a Foosball table from my parents! And I've been playin THAT!