Coachella Music Festival

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Damien_82

Coachella Music Festival

Postby Damien_82 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:27 pm

The website is still very much under construction, but some of the material in the message board is useful. I was just wondering if anyone from the site was planning on going. It appears that Radiohead, The Pixies, Death Cab for Cutie, Broken Social Scene, The Flaming Lips, and many more will be playing at the festival. I'm very psyched.

http://www.goldenvoice.com/coachella/

Harry Kellerman

Postby Harry Kellerman » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:41 pm

i'm going to go. that's all there is to it. i'm probably going to miss a day of school, but the pixies are worth it. i just hope ap exams aren't on that day or anything.

by the way: you forgot to mention that the international noise conspiracy is playing, too, and that dennis lyxzén is a nonstop-freakout swedish dance machine. that's important.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:22 pm

I see a vacation day or two in the future...and i might end up there....

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:40 pm

website is up. http://www.coachella.com

Tix go on sale this saturday. Don't snooze on this kiddies.

LOOK AT THIS LINEUP.

day 1
-Radiohead
-The Pixies, Kraftwerk
-Wilco, International Noise Conspiracy, the rapture
-Desert Sessions, Hieroglyphics, kinky, stereolab, future sound of London, Trail of Dead, Peretz, Death Cab for Cutie, Laurent Garnier, LCD Soundsystem, Living Legends, Sander Kleinenberg, Black Keys, The Sounds, Howie Day, Junior Senior, Mark Farina, Moving Units, Sarhara Hotnights, Electric Six, The Stills, Seb Fontaine, 22-20's, Juana Molina, Phantom Planet, Dios, Jem, Q and not U, Erase Errata, Section Quartet, Dj Icon

day 2
-THE CURE
-The Flaming Lips, Air
-Belle and Sebastian, Basement Jaxx, Paul Van Dyk, Bright Eyes
-Atmosphere, Thursday, BRMC, Cursive, Le Tigre, The Crystal Method, Dizzee Rascal, Adam Freeland, Mogwai, Ash, 2manydj's, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, Muse, Sidestepper, The Thrills, Broken Social Scene, The Sleepy Jackson, Ferry Corsten, Prefuse 73, !!!, The cooper Temple Clause, Sage Francis, T. Raumschmiere, Stellastarr, The Killers, Hometown hero, Section Quartet.

LOOK AT IT LOOK AT IT LOOK AT IT.

I can't go. It makes me sad inside.

And also I'm so jealous that I can't see.

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:03 pm

I'm planning on making the trip.

Damien_82

Postby Damien_82 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:23 pm

I purchased my ticket early from Radiohead's official merch site: http://www.waste.uk.com/. Take care.

Endo23

Yargh!

Postby Endo23 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:21 pm

I'll be there for sure, as will most of us LA denizens. Good to know other folks here dig Broken Social Scene, too... check out Stars, a related project. Their album "Heart" is extremely good in a mellow sort fo way. Not anthemic like BSS, but all fuzzy and blanketlike with guy and girl trading vocal duties. Yahoo.

inverted/converted

Re: Yargh!

Postby inverted/converted » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:34 am

I'm surprised that Built to Spill and Modest Mouse aren't on the lineup. I do believe Modest Mouse will be at sxsw. Which I can't afford.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:46 am

I'm going to miss the Pixies. sigh... (I need to remember that I don't need to use all my vacation days at once....)

Kinky live is something not to be missed, the albums, for some reason, can't capture how awesome this band is. Your booty will shake involuntarily. And they are really nice guys. GO.

Also, is there some sort of invisible fence that keeps The Cure within a 50 mile radius of LA?

Endo23

Postby Endo23 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:00 pm

So... what's it gonna take to get the Long Winters to play this festival? John? I've got five on it...

Damien_82

Postby Damien_82 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:51 pm

I'm good for five.

Return to “Cattywampus”