President bush likes ribs...

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

heather

Postby heather » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:53 pm

I like Clark. He's just so darn precious. [sp? come on flyn, help me out]

Wait a minute.. Why do I care about the Democrats? I belong to a much better [if only in theory] party. Hurray for me! I'm a team player!

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:37 pm

heather wrote:Wait a minute.. Why do I care about the Democrats? I belong to a much better [if only in theory] party. Hurray for me! I'm a team player!

Holy shit, Heather is a Commie! Get her, boys!

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:09 pm

I like Clark. He's just so darn precious. [sp? come on flyn, help me out]

Yep, your spelling checks out... this time.

Harry Kellerman

Postby Harry Kellerman » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:13 pm

heather wrote:I like Clark. He's just so darn precious. [sp? come on flyn, help me out]

Wait a minute.. Why do I care about the Democrats? I belong to a much better [if only in theory] party. Hurray for me! I'm a team player!

i liked clark, but he's been really shifty during debates. plus, he's for the school of the americas, which also doesn't set to well with me.

by the way, heather: what party are you resgistered with?

heather

Postby heather » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:48 pm

Harry Kellerman wrote:
heather wrote:I like Clark. He's just so darn precious. [sp? come on flyn, help me out]

i liked clark, but he's been really shifty during debates. plus, he's for the school of the americas, which also doesn't set to well with me.

by the way, heather: what party are you resgistered with?

he's shifty because he's OLD! old people need time to think. show me where he says he is for the school of the americas...

well, i'm not too sure you can register with my people, officially..

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:55 am

Democracy is a less than perfect system, and one of it's flaws is that in the long time leading up to election politicians are more concerned about (re-)election than their actual jobs.

I congratulate Massachusetts' gay men and women on soon having the chance to seal their relationships with the same bond - and including the same rights and duties - that heterosexuals can make. But I sure don't hope this is the topic that Bush needed to make people forget the less favourable things of his years in office (I love euphemisms :-) and gets him re-elected.

Erm, veggy ribs? Amerrka sure is a crazy place. Crazy!

Harry Kellerman

Postby Harry Kellerman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:03 am

heather wrote:
he's shifty because he's OLD! old people need time to think.

so then why would i want a president who is so old and senile that he can't think straight?

heather wrote:show me where he says he is for the school of the americas...

[url=http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/18/elec04.prez.clark.mcgovern/]
read this article[/url]

specifically:

"After a standard stump speech, Clark was asked whether he would close the School of the Americas -- the Army facility at Fort Benning, Georgia, that some peace activists say has contributed to human rights abuses in South America. He said he would not.

Clark said the school is the primary vehicle for teaching proper human rights to police in South America, and likened closing the school to proposing to close the Harvard Business School, which he said has turned out several people now under fire for corporate corruption."

and in case you're not convinced the sochool of the america's (now under a new name) is a bad thing you can go here.

heather

Postby heather » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:53 am

Harry Kellerman wrote:
heather wrote:

so then why would i want a president who is so old and senile that he can't think straight?

I WAS JOKING. jebus.

I love how everyone gets so high and mighty around election time. That's why I like my party. We all hang out. It's how the French would say, "muy egalitarian".

Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby Moni » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Don’t meddle in the affairs of Heathers, for they are hilarious and quick to reply. (uh that was bad)

Well hey she’s the Dictator of Warm and Fuzzy!

heather

Postby heather » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:52 pm

Ah Liz.. I am making YOU my minister of propaganda.. of all things warm and fuzzy!

Harry Kellerman

Postby Harry Kellerman » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:00 pm

heather wrote:
Harry Kellerman wrote:
heather wrote:

I WAS JOKING. jebus.

I love how everyone gets so high and mighty around election time. That's why I like my party. We all hang out. It's how the French would say, "muy egalitarian".

i didn't realize i was getting high and mighty, sorry if i did. but it's difficult to tell how serious somebody is being through the internet.

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:29 am

Propaganda:

heather

Postby heather » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:31 am

Harry Kellerman wrote:
heather wrote:
Harry Kellerman wrote:
heather wrote:

I WAS JOKING. jebus.

i didn't realize i was getting high and mighty, sorry if i did. but it's difficult to tell how serious somebody is being through the internet.

quotes within quotes within quotes!

i'm being semi-serious. maybe quasi-serious. less than semi-quasi-serious? but i was serious about wesley clark. i like him. even IF i made a joke about.. uh.. things.. in front of his supporters by saying, 'wesley clark? i'm voting for wesley willis!'

Unremarkable

Postby Unremarkable » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:32 am

Sorry to report Stephanie, but Dean went down. Hardcore.

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:11 pm

Don't look at me, I voted for Kodos.

stephanie

you don't want to see me when I'm REALLY mad

Postby stephanie » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:00 pm

Dudes.

If people keep implying that Howard Dean's consistent second-place showing somehow means that his campaign is failing or in its dying throes, I'm going to have to start cracking some folks upside the head.. uh, with facts! (No, not with socks full of pennies! Not taking that approach at all!)

Sure, Dean has half as many delegates as Kerry, but 86% of the Democrats in this country have not had the opportunity to vote in their primaries/go to caucus yet, and we still have a pretty damn great lead on Edwards and Clark (and, uh, Kucinich.. and Sharpton).
This is, of course, not to mention the fact that you need nearly 2200 delegates to win and Kerry only has just over 400. FOR GOD'S SAKES, THE RACE IS NOT OVER.

It appears that I have given up my post as "annoying girl who talks about music too much" in order to bear the torch of "annoying girl who talks about politics too much."
But, uh, how 'bout those Long Winters?

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:39 pm

I hear they vote Libertarian. All of them. In a bloc.

Harry Kellerman

Re: you don't want to see me when I'm REALLY mad

Postby Harry Kellerman » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:14 pm

stephanie wrote:Dudes.

If people keep implying that Howard Dean's consistent second-place showing somehow means that his campaign is failing or in its dying throes, I'm going to have to start cracking some folks upside the head.. uh, with facts! (No, not with socks full of pennies! Not taking that approach at all!)

Sure, Dean has half as many delegates as Kerry, but 86% of the Democrats in this country have not had the opportunity to vote in their primaries/go to caucus yet, and we still have a pretty damn great lead on Edwards and Clark (and, uh, Kucinich.. and Sharpton).
This is, of course, not to mention the fact that you need nearly 2200 delegates to win and Kerry only has just over 400. FOR GOD'S SAKES, THE RACE IS NOT OVER.

It appears that I have given up my post as "annoying girl who talks about music too much" in order to bear the torch of "annoying girl who talks about politics too much."
But, uh, how 'bout those Long Winters?

sorry, dean's probably not going to get the nomination. i'm not saying he doesn't have good ideas or wouldn't do a good job if elected, but the media has pretty much destroyed his reputation based on the fact that he's outspoken. this has scared most democratic voters who have taken the "anybody but bush" stance (which i, personally, find reprehensible).

stephanie

jesus h..

Postby stephanie » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:33 pm

Harry Kellerman wrote:sorry, dean's probably not going to get the nomination.

An overwhelming air of self-defeatism in the ranks is the only thing that would/will result in a loss for the Dean camp, which is sort of unbelievable, in addition to being ohmygodunbelievably depressing.

I hate to sound out straight from the campaign stump, but every single person who truly believes that Howard Dean is the best choice for the Democratic nominee has the power to COMPLETELY turn this shit around.
Instead of shrugging the whole race off as a we-already-lost scenario before even 15% of the voting has been done, why not write letters to newspapers and undecided voters and call tons of TV stations? Why not help erase the misconceptions? Why not get out on a corner with a sign and campaign literature and intelligent answers to the public's valid (or not-so-valid) concerns? At the very least, why not TRY? It's called the democratic process for a reason.
I just don't understand why folks are so quick to give up hope when it comes to something they honestly feel in their hearts and in their guts is right. In any case, I agree 110% that the current "anybody but Bush" line of 'logic' is nothing short of appalling -- contrary to what people seem to be under the impression of, there are still months to decide who that "anybody" is going to be.

p.s. Please read this.
p.p.s. Libertarians, the whole lot? Figures.

Unremarkable

Postby Unremarkable » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:57 pm

Flyn wrote:Don't look at me, I voted for Kodos.

HAHAHAHA!

Return to “Cattywampus”