Darling Board Members

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Darling Board Members

Postby Betty Felon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:36 pm

Happy Valentine's Day!

Karousme

Postby Karousme » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:53 pm

i'm so lonley

Harry Kellerman

Postby Harry Kellerman » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:03 pm

Karousme wrote:i'm so lonley

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:33 pm

Ah, go out tonight my darlings!

Valentine's Day, aka Singles Awareness Night, is like the State of the Union for the bar scene. Go see who is single and who is a smoochy couple. Think of it as an opportunity.

The women of your dreams is waiting for you at the bar/show. Take care not to stand her up.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:17 pm

I'm always single on Valentines Day. It's a curse.

stephanie

"so, you like.. things?"

Postby stephanie » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:07 pm

Today, instead of bowing to Hallmark's flowers + candy + greeting card = happiness formula, I just bought the boy I like an e.e. cummings book and myself a litre of Belvedere. Now that's what I call a holiday!

Since every last one of my friends has a boy/girl to, uh, "celebrate with" tonight, I'm just going to lay in the dark and listen to the new Grant Lee Phillips record a hundred thousand million more times. (Anyway, anyone who'd ever deign to date me would have to agree that there is no better way to spend Valentine's Day -- or ANY day -- than in bed with a really good book and studio-quality headphones.)

All my love, lonely peeps. We'll get 'em someday.

hovering

Re: "so, you like.. things?"

Postby hovering » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:14 pm

stephanie wrote:Today, instead of bowing to Hallmark's flowers + candy + greeting card = happiness formula, I just bought the boy I like an e.e. cummings book and myself a litre of Belvedere. Now that's what I call a holiday!

Since every last one of my friends has a boy/girl to, uh, "celebrate with" tonight, I'm just going to lay in the dark and listen to the new Grant Lee Phillips record a hundred thousand million more times. (Anyway, anyone who'd ever deign to date me would have to agree that there is no better way to spend Valentine's Day -- or ANY day -- than in bed with a really good book and studio-quality headphones.)

All my love, lonely peeps. We'll get 'em someday.

you should've flown to MCO & i would've taken you out for vegetarian chinese food. spread this to all the boys. it's just too bad i am single, BECAUSE I WOULD BE THE BEST GIRLFRIEND EVER.

however, today is overrated (and no, i'm not saying that because i'm alone) and stuff. books & music & a comfortable bed = all you need.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:42 pm

I've had more terrible valentine's days than there are macaronis in a box of Kraft, but I'm still hopeful that one day I'll have the perfect one. Give it up for all the lonely-hearts. Yo.

Maybe it's my avatar?

Marty

Postby Marty » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:49 pm

In the Immortal words of Steve Perry as sung through that spectacular proboscis, "Love and a music man aint always what it's sposed'ta be"

-Holla'

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:58 pm

John wrote:Maybe it's my avatar?

Pishaw! Few ladies can resist such a striking shade of yellow.

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:21 am

I've been listening to Nada Surf's Let Go on Vinyl...it's not helping.

I'm going to go to sleep, and hopefully wake up brand new.

hovering

Postby hovering » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:29 am

i got snot wiped on my skirt by a seven year old boy as my valentine's day gift. life is GOOD, people, GOOD.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:07 am

come over to megaland, where VDay is seen as a silly attempt to make money with ugly cards and soggy heart stuff.

you could have come with me to a local band contest semi-final.
granted, you would have seen 4 godawful bands, but you could have hollered with the rest of us when the one good band won - which is a side project none of the members take too seriously, but they have so much joy for music that they outshine all the 'serious' local bands.
and hey, the gasoline brothers played a fitting valentine's day song: I tore up all my valentine cards, 'cause none weren't sent by you.

heather

Postby heather » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:21 am

John wrote:I've had more terrible valentine's days than there are macaronis in a box of Kraft, but I'm still hopeful that one day I'll have the perfect one. Give it up for all the lonely-hearts. Yo.

Maybe it's my avatar?

Or maybe they've seen you eating mayonaise.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:28 pm

heather

Postby heather » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:26 pm

THAT'S THE BEST CARD EVER!

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:20 pm

I concur!

I had a good valentines day last year. But the others...not so much. This year I went to a Bandits Lacrosse game and truly it was so much fun! Until I got into an argument with my date fo rthe evening, and, well, I'll do the math: 2-1=me

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:18 am

last year was well spent w/2 single friends at a long winters show. one of the best ones i've ever had, but this year after a few years w/o an other, i had one to celebrate the day with. mmmmm, yea, it didn't go so well.
we decided not to give in to the Hallmark holiday and only do dinner and give cards/candy/flowers, that sort of thing. i came to find that morning that he hadn't even bought me a card yet...but he was gonna make me one off the computer! how romantic. i ended up being upset and being mad at myself for giving in to this stupid holiday. pretending that i didn't care when i actually really did. too much pressure to make the day special. it just couldn't live up. dinner turned out really well (he cooked) and we watched intolerable cruelty. not a bad movie. and the romantic couple we were that night was passed out asleep by 11:30. we've decided we're getting old, for by about 11pm now we are done for the night.

hovering

Postby hovering » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:49 am

i just wanted to eat garden cafe with someone and watch jenny lewis movies on valentine's day. is that so much to ask?

(answer: apparently.)

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:07 pm

well i had an awsome anti-V day. My date drove 2 hours to pick me up, we had tex mex with extra onions and garlic, drank too many margaritas, and didn't even make it to the show later. Many hours of great hanky panky followed. Unfortunately, the very next day he said he couldn't see me anymore. It was as if any actual v day happiness would have to be debited from future happiness.

Does anyone know where the non-flaky men have gotten to?

Return to “Cattywampus”