Get some learnin' right here

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

Does that make you two the Mulder & Scully of this board? Do they actually ever get each other? I admit I never properly filed those X-files under 'interesting tv'.

Today's on-topic song would be Mulder & Scully by Catatonia:
And as for some happy ending, I'd rather stay single and thin
Stop doing what you . . . Keep doing it to me
Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

smelllikelime

Post by smelllikelime »

LoveSickJerk wrote:Sure, and on our honeymoon we'll watch the 3rd season box set till our eyballs fall out.

WOOHOO! War of the Copraphages and Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'! I've got that season, plus the 1st and 5th. (I didn't mean to buy them all out of order, it just kinda happened that way.) We'd definitely need to watch Post-Modern Prometheus, as well.[/i]
smelllikelime

Post by smelllikelime »

Liesbeth wrote:Does that make you two the Mulder & Scully of this board? Do they actually ever get each other? I admit I never properly filed those X-files under 'interesting tv'.

Hey, I'm down! I've got the hair for it (that's about it, though.)

Mulder and Scully did finally end up together, though by that time the series had gone so downhill I didn't even care anymore. Plus they were all messed up about it, like 'oh, yeah, we totally screwed three seasons ago, but didn't tell anyone and you rabid (horny) fans certainly won't get to see it, mwuahahaha!' Fuck you, Chris Carter!

[sorry for the douple post]
meg
Mod Emeritus

girlie screams, etc.

Post by meg »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, where's Heather?

Look, let me tell y'alls a dirty little secret that's not so secret because if you Google my full name it's about the only damn thing you'll find. ANYWAY. When I was fifteen I was interviewed for a ridiculously stupid article in the Wall Street Journal about, um, ROUSH BIOTECHNOLOGIES. The guy called me an X-Files "maven." For serious.

And! Alex Krycek 4-Evah. I spent entire weekends watching Piper Maru and Apocrypha. Over and over. Grrowl.
Flyn

Re: girlie screams, etc.

Post by Flyn »

meg wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa, where's Heather?

Heather is currently unable to access the global interweb with the regularity we all depend on. I'll try to channel her:

...X-FILES!!!1...BARSUK!...BZZT...SUPE..OP.ND.AY!!

I'm sorry, she seems to have cut out. She'll be back soon.
LoveSickJerk

Small Potatoes

Post by LoveSickJerk »

smelllikelime wrote:
Liesbeth wrote:Does that make you two the Mulder & Scully of this board? Do they actually ever get each other? I admit I never properly filed those X-files under 'interesting tv'.

Hey, I'm down! I've got the hair for it (that's about it, though.)

Mulder and Scully did finally end up together, though by that time the series had gone so downhill I didn't even care anymore. Plus they were all messed up about it, like 'oh, yeah, we totally screwed three seasons ago, but didn't tell anyone and you rabid (horny) fans certainly won't get to see it, mwuahahaha!' Fuck you, Chris Carter!

I stopped watching about that same time, and totally agree. Yes Chris Carter, Fuck you!
We'll have to add "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" & "Unusual Suspects" to our list!
I'm down as well! I think I can pull off a pretty convincing Mulder.

FYI: That paper is based mostly off of "Jose Chungs' 'From Outer Space'", I've seen that episode 20 times. At least.
smelllikelime

Re: Small Potatoes

Post by smelllikelime »

LoveSickJerk wrote:I stopped watching about that same time, and totally agree. Yes Chris Carter, Fuck you!
We'll have to add "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" & "Unusual Suspects" to our list!
I'm down as well! I think I can pull off a pretty convincing Mulder.

FYI: That paper is based mostly off of "Jose Chungs' 'From Outer Space'", I've seen that episode 20 times. At least.

Unusual Suspects!! How could I forget? Awww.. the Lone Gunmen. RIP. (Once again, Chris Carter, lick my ass.)

20 times? That's it? :)

Anyone go to one of the Expo's?
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

smelllikelime wrote:Anyone go to one of the Expo's?

HAHAHAHAH. You mean the eXpos?

No. But someone got me a picture of Nick Lea at one. He signed it. It says "Dear Meg, Bite Me!" and then there are some hearts. Seriously.
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

That's hot! I've never been to an eXpo, but I had that card game they made out of the series (showing my true dorkness). It was nearly unplayable, and completely boring. Kinda like the last few seasons. I might still have some cards around here somewhere...
the hutch

Post by the hutch »

and last but not least: I Am A Scientist by Guided by Voices![/quote] (Leisbeth)

I ran into Mark Hedman of Centro-matic at the GBV show, and he leaned over at one point and said "They are playing your song-"I am a scientist"! Heehee
Midori

Post by Midori »

meg wrote:
smelllikelime wrote:Anyone go to one of the Expo's?

HAHAHAHAH. You mean the eXpos?

Hell yea! I went once! It was so cool. I met the guy who played Langley there and he signed something for me in green sharpie and I was like "green...cool!" and he was like "alien blood green." He was such a nice guy. And then I won a t-shirt in a trivia contest because I was the only person who knew the difference between the 2 Tooms episodes. Man I am a wicked nerd.