Start the Day Music

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:28 pm

meg wrote:...confuses me. Hot Hot Heat's Knock Knock Knock EP is one of those...

Sadly thier LP, Makeup the breakdown, severely lacked Chris Walla, and as such, was not as good as the EP.

Karousme

Postby Karousme » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:51 pm

This may be off-thread, but I learned that Rilo Kiley's guitarist was a former actor on the Nickelodeon program, Salute Your Shorts.

I believe he played Robert Pinsky.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:11 pm

Karousme wrote:This may be off-thread, but I learned that Rilo Kiley's guitarist was a former actor on the Nickelodeon program, Salute Your Shorts.

I believe he played Robert Pinsky.

Correct me if I am wrong.

HAHAHAHAAHAhhaahahha really? Was that the thing that was kinda like Saved by the Bell at summer camp?

What a random thing to know. I love this board.

mildlyrestarted

Postby mildlyrestarted » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:42 pm

it's true. he was also a bully on Boy Meets World. he is also really nice. :)

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:53 pm

Robert Pinsky? Isn't that the poet who did the awesome translation of Dante's Inferno? I believe he also did an episode of the Simpsons where lisa pretends to be in college.

the new girl

Postby the new girl » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:11 pm

I need something loud/upbeat to wake me up. Lately Mighty Mighty Bosstones Jackknife to a Swan has been in heavy early am rotation. Other standbys include Jets to Brazil's Four Cournered Night (especially "You're Having the Time of My Life") and Nada Surf's Let Go. And for some strange reason, Sondre Lerche's Faces Down is another good morning selection, though I'm not sure it's either loud or upbeat.

If it's morning homework time, I usually go with an assortment of tunes from my large (almost embarassingly so...) collection of old Everclear/Colorfinger/Easy Hoes mp3's. Nothing like a little loud, live rock for an alarm clock.

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:41 pm

the new girl wrote: And for some strange reason, Sondre Lerche's Faces Down is another good morning selection, though I'm not sure it's either loud or upbeat.

yes!!! i'd forgotten about sondre...(how COULD i?)...it's upbeat at times, but definitely not a loud album. i'm so excited for him next lp, march 9.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:30 am

since i've been getting laid regularly, i seem to be starting out my days a lot w/ Josh Rouse, 1972. Also the Mendoza Line.

hovering

Postby hovering » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:42 pm

mildlyrestarted wrote:it's true. he was also a bully on Boy Meets World. he is also really nice. :)

BUT HE SHOULD LEAVE THE SINGING UP TO JENNY.

carlitos

another wubanger

Postby carlitos » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:14 pm

Endo23 wrote:It sounds strange amongst all you indie rockers (no offense!) but back in the day I used to play Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP on my way to work.

Ahem. Thanks for coming clean- now I can admit to a similar driving to work ritual that involved the GZA's "Liquid Swords" turned up so that my cheap ass speakers would rattle; that and a cup of free creosote-thick breakroom coffee, and it was *on*.

"I'm swingin swords strictly based on keyboards
unbalanced like elephants and ants on seesaws"

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:11 pm

I too drink the free breakroom coffee. Somehow ours manages to be thin and watery while simultaneously tasting like battery acid. But I still drink it anyway.

I love hearing about what people listen to in the morning. You are all so different...and I just have to say:

Grant: Mandarin Chinese first thing in the AM? ...I figured a response of this sorts would come out of you.

NoPic: Who is John Rouse and is this getting laid regularly a cause and effect relationship?

And I want to clarify that all of my AM song choices revolve around the fact that I'm a compulsive day-dreamer. A little tribal archetype in the morning never hurt anyone.

Or maybe Chicago is very lucky that I don't operate a vehicle.

Oh boy sleep! That's where I'm a Rockstar Spy.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:30 am

it's Josh Rouse, baby, and 1972 is like the feel good album of 2003, "Love Vibration" just makes me so happy....

omphale

Postby omphale » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:17 am

just saw these guys Romantica friday night at the always fabulous Turf Club in St. Paul and i can't stop listening to their cd "It's Your Weakness That I Want". although they were much better live...the production on the album is a little slick for my taste.

but There She Goes is making mornings a bunch more bearable.

(i really can't listen to ben kyle's irish accent without giggling)

not a long winter at all.

Postby not a long winter at all. » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:15 am

start the day like this!!!:

http://koti.welho.com/alaari/lodger/

Return to “Cattywampus”