"Should've been a wreck...might have been a wreck"

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

"Should've been a wreck...might have been a wreck"

Postby NatureBoy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:57 am

It's 2am. The revelers have left your apartment. You're alone surrounded by the empties. Does it get any better at than a bootleg of Nada Surf's Stalemate?

"Love...love will tear us apart...again..."

It's the soundtrack of my life right now. What's yours?

BladeRunner

Postby BladeRunner » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:21 am

Cast-Aways and Cut-Outs by the Decemberists

hell Her Majestry by the Decemeberists as well.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:07 am

Nada Surf's Let go with support from Refused's The Shape Of Punk To Come and opener Sahara Hotnights' C'mon Lets Pretend

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:15 pm

I'm probably the outlyer here, but lately it's been Coltrane, Carole King, Josh Rouse, G Love & Special Sauce, Bessie Smith, and The Black Keys.

Last night totally harshed on my mellow, tho', cuz my friend's drum kit got stolen out of his car after his gig. Kinda ruined the after party...

Karousme

Postby Karousme » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:06 pm

That Sun Kil Moon record is great for lying awake in the dark.

heathalouise

Postby heathalouise » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:13 pm

I've been listening to Franz Ferdinand, Camera Obscura and the Mountain Goats ad infinitum. That, and John Vanderslice's brilliant "Cellar Door." It's getting me through this semester, I swear...

hovering

Postby hovering » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:14 pm

"songs about leaving" by carissa's wierd has been my soundtrack lately.

also, i can't stop listening to the "if you leave" cover by nada surf. MY GOD, IT IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. EVER.

hovering

Postby hovering » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:14 pm

heathalouise wrote:I've been listening to Franz Ferdinand, Camera Obscura and the Mountain Goats ad infinitum. That, and John Vanderslice's brilliant "Cellar Door." It's getting me through this semester, I swear...

today i listened to "underachievers please try harder" and "we shall all be healed" back to back. man, this rules.

the hutch

Postby the hutch » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:33 pm

Yeah, the Sun Kil Moon is great. I saw Kozelek recently, and it was so dreamy, never saw the Tea Room so quiet

Midori

Postby Midori » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:59 pm

Lately I haven't been able to stop listening to Spoon's "Girls Can Tell."

omphale

Postby omphale » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:03 pm

scott h. biram's 'lost case of bein found', bobby bare jr's 'i wanna stay in texas', and the old 97's 'makin love with you'

NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Postby NatureBoy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:22 pm

hovering wrote:...also, i can't stop listening to the "if you leave" cover by nada surf. MY GOD, IT IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. EVER.

Agreed - aren't John and Sean on that track too? Only harmonies or were they on instruments too?

hovering

Postby hovering » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:06 am

NatureBoy wrote:
hovering wrote:...also, i can't stop listening to the "if you leave" cover by nada surf. MY GOD, IT IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME. EVER.

Agreed - aren't John and Sean on that track too? Only harmonies or were they on instruments too?

harmonies! such beautiful, beautiful harmonies! as for instruments, i have no idea. where is john when you need him?

Flyn

Postby Flyn » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:10 am

Nada Surf's site says backing vocals by Sean, and Chris Walla.

omphale

Postby omphale » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:25 am

where is john when you need him?

europe, usually.

Endo23

Postby Endo23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:39 pm

THE SHINS.

I can't believe you aren't all in love with this band. Or maybe I'm just showing up a little too fashionably late to the party. Is that it?

At any rate, I swear "Chutes Too Narrow" is the catchiest album since... I dunno, "Alien Lanes," maybe? No joke, the first track was stuck in my head so badly once that I was at a party and couldn't carry on a conversation with anyone, because my brain was just like, "He's got ya talkin' pretty lou-oud..." over and over and I couldn't focus on a word coming out of anybody's mouth. I'm sure everyone thought I was an asshole, or at least really stoned, but I powerless to stop the melodies.

hovering

Postby hovering » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:01 pm

i love the shins, i really do. for awhile, i convinced myself that i did not like chutes too narrow as much as oh, inverted world but i don't know. chutes is just too good. i mean, "saint simon"?!?!?

okay, sorry. i just kind of love james mercer.

also: the shins will be performing on the april 17 episode of gilmore girls. not that anybody cares, but i thought it was interesting.

heathalouise

Postby heathalouise » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:58 pm

When I listen to "Chutes Too Narrow," I often feel the need to dance around like one of those kids in the background of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," especially when "Fighting in a Sack" comes on. That album is just way too catchy.

And Hovering, I suggest listening to Camera Obscura and the Mountain Goats in a disc changer with the Pernice Brothers and the Decemberists. That made my Sunday morning this week.

hovering

Postby hovering » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:19 pm

heathalouise, i think you are my music soulmate. today i listened to the pernice brothers australian tour EP & the decemberists the tain. i also cannot stop being a 13 year old girl and drooling over photographs of colin meloy. i mean, he's beautiful. and wears glasses. and writes good songs. and MY GOD.

Image[/img]

chelsea

Postby chelsea » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:40 pm

yes, i have been quite addicted to "chutes too narrow" as of late. this record = joy and absolute melodic perfection to me. "saint simon," "kissing the lipless," and "gone for good" are among my favorites.

i also haven't been able to get "if you're feeling sinister" by belle and sebastian out of my cd player. i blame it on "seeing other people" and "get me away from here, i'm dying." any other b and s fans here?

Return to “Cattywampus”