I have to ask this again...

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

aj

Post by aj »

yeg likke øl, men yeg likke ikke o drikke heineken.
grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Post by grant »

LoveSickJerk wrote:
no pic wrote:hey grant, let's get rich and market beer-flavored water in the US, bet it would fly. we could aim for the "ex-frat guys who now are work-out freaks" set.

You're both too late, its already here. Its called Budweiser.

Actually, I was thinking O'Douls would be closer to the mark.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

grant wrote:Actually, I was thinking O'Douls would be closer to the mark.

Funny thing that. For my highschool grad party, my parents bought me a 12 pack of that shit. Incidentally it tasted better than budweiser. However, there was still some in our garage refrigerator when I turned 21.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

The problem with all beer is that it tastes like beer.
Fi

Post by Fi »

Nobody drinks Fosters in Australia.

There's a Belgian Beer Cafe near my work, called Epoch. They sell this awesome beer called "Piraat". But for all I know, this could be the Belgian water.
anthropomorphizing_kitty

Post by anthropomorphizing_kitty »

The problem with all beer is that it tastes like beer.

Spoken like a true minor ;-)
Endo23

Post by Endo23 »

Belgian beer gets an enthusiastic "Yay!" from me. Anyone dig Hoegaarden? In Nice they sold it in Champagne-size bottles for $2.50

Good times, good times.

Also, I think Sam Adams is a unique and delicious brew, so classifying all American beers as shite is a bit ludicois. (That's ludicrous with a French accent--try it, it's nice!)

And that's not including all the yummy microbrews we have. Anyone been to Boulder lately? Tons of incredible beers on tap. Just be careful, the altitude creeps up on you if you overindulge.

Still, I agree that Prague has the best beer in the world, if our rubric includes price and drinkability as well as flavor.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

I'm not classifying them all as piss water, just the major national brews you can find ANYWHERE. You know the ones, the Bud, The Miller etc. That stuff is just unflavorful. I agree with the earlier comment that microbrews are great, and local beer (excepting Genny) are higher quality than most. The fact that this place exists in Buffalo is proof enough for me. Next time any of you are in Buffalo, i'll buy your first drink there, guaranteed.

I don't really dig Sam too much. I'm not sure why. But it's big here in the Buff. I prefer my Canadian Lager. Molson Canadian all the way!