introductions are so necessary

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Endo23

Post by Endo23 »

I'm Evan. I live in LA. You have a cute avatar.

Shit, that's a totally inappropriate thing to type in a group setting like this, I apologize. Me and my stupid fingers, they just blurt things out and I can't stop them.

Enjoy this here looney bin, but don't feed the jellyfish. They sting.

ee
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

every day I learn one new word and today's is schlong

well, I guess a long schlong is better than a dead head, right?
see Evan, your remark was really quite innocent!
heather

Post by heather »

I am over 100 years old, but I look like I'm twelve.

The secret?

Babies.
anthropomorphizing_kitty

Post by anthropomorphizing_kitty »

Hello. I am 23 and I'm a Long Wintersaholic.
I live north of Seattle and am KEXP obsessive. I'm currently living in a new house with my beautiful wife and I am sitting in my basement typing on a desk made of three bins (used for moving) with a board across them. A Maximum PC magazine is my mousepad. I like peanut butter.
Moni
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by Moni »

Fi wrote:Hello,
have only seen TLW live once so far (seattle NYE '04 which was apparently the last show with the Sean & the first Michael line-up). I live in NSW, Australia.

I guess you're right now the person to have seen tlw in a place furthest away from where you live.
anthropomorphizing_kitty

Post by anthropomorphizing_kitty »

Yes, but I believe we Seattle-ites are the only ones who can say we've seen them play 3 times in one day (Sonic Boom Tour, 2003). I have the t-shirt to prove it. Though, and I've been wanting to get this out there, those bumper stickers we got were lame. I put one on my wife's car and one on mine and they both disintegrated in less than a month. Which was dissapointing, because I was using my TLW sticker to cover up my old 107.7 the End sticker of my youth.
Moni

Post by Moni »

anthropomorphizing_kitty wrote:Yes, but I believe we Seattle-ites are the only ones who can say we've seen them play 3 times in one day (Sonic Boom Tour, 2003). I have the t-shirt to prove it.

i've been there too and i'm not from seattle at all!
but then i just remember i kinda missed the 2nd show, sort of. aye.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

Babies?? Er, having them? Ingesting them? What?

I just registered, became a fan after clicking on a link in Miss warmfuzzysocks' sig on murmurs.com and listening to some tracks. I'd really love to see a live show sometime; if they'd ever come within a hundred miles of here, I'd shit a brick(in the good way)!
Moni

Post by Moni »

nwheather wrote:I just registered, became a fan after clicking on a link in Miss warmfuzzysocks' sig on murmurs.com and listening to some tracks. !

it was my sig, but i shall forgive you :)

i thought babies make you look older. but then, that might be different with heathers
heather

Post by heather »

No no..

EATING babies.

[I'm like that woman judge on America's Next Top Model. You know, the
"first real supermodel". She's like 500 years old, but she eats babies, so she looks young... Anyone?

Aw fuck it.]

I don't know who this other heather is. Have you registered with us at Heathersoftheworldunite.org? You should.

Okay okay "real" introduction time [again]: I'm Heather [obviously], I'm 23 but I look like I'm 12, I'm decidedly not girly, I have green eyes and my car [whose name is Ruthie, named for the dead woman that used to own her..] has a "Free ODB" and a "Fuck Indie Rock" sticker on the back. The 'Fuck Indie Rock' one is funny because.. it's me! It's ironical and skeelarious and if you saw that you probably would get all miffed, but wouldn't you just guffaw if you saw me get out of the car? Not that you should be laughing at me... But the whole situation would be skeelarious. And I'm a Mafia member to boot! Yeah!
hovering

Post by hovering »

heather wrote:I don't know who this other heather is. Have you registered with us at Heathersoftheworldunite.org? You should.

Okay okay "real" introduction time [again]: I'm Heather [obviously], I'm 23 but I look like I'm 12, I'm decidedly not girly, I have green eyes and my car [whose name is Ruthie, named for the dead woman that used to own her..] has a "Free ODB" and a "Fuck Indie Rock" sticker on the back. The 'Fuck Indie Rock' one is funny because.. it's me! It's ironical and skeelarious and if you saw that you probably would get all miffed, but wouldn't you just guffaw if you saw me get out of the car? Not that you should be laughing at me... But the whole situation would be skeelarious. And I'm a Mafia member to boot! Yeah!

we should definitely make a heathersoftheworldunite.org and only let the cool heathers into our group. um, what?
and a free ODB sticker?! BIG BABY JESUS?! DIRT MCGIRT?! you are my hero. we got these free rockafella records calendars at work and i tore the dirt mcgirt one out. it is now hanging on my wall. love!

i am heather, too, except i'm much younger [18] and i don't know how old i look, probably not 12. i live in florida and want to play scrabble with colin meloy. that's all.
Fi

Post by Fi »

anthropomorphizing_kitty wrote:Yes, but I believe we Seattle-ites are the only ones who can say we've seen them play 3 times in one day (Sonic Boom Tour, 2003). I have the t-shirt to prove it.

Well you know, when I wear my "TLW jumped out of my birthday cake" tshirt, nobody believes it. nobody.
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

Don't let Heather fool you. She looks girlie and she doesn't eat the babies so much as train them to fight each other.
mildlyrestarted

Post by mildlyrestarted »

i'm laura. i'm 21 (though my best girl and i have snuck in the side doors of clubs carrying guitars countless times in the past couple of years to see the long winters) and i have lived in the milwaukee area for my entire life. i work at a barnes & noble, and play with rock and roll. i close my eyes during shows and cause commotions in the front row. one day i'll get out of debt and be able to move to the pacific northwest. one day i'll learn to play piano. one day i'll have a plan. i love to travel, but i hate to fly. i love to dance, but i suck at it. i hate drinking, but i do it anyway.
nwheather

Post by nwheather »

hovering wrote:
heather wrote:I don't know who this other heather is. Have you registered with us at Heathersoftheworldunite.org? You should...

we should definitely make a heathersoftheworldunite.org and only let the cool heathers into our group...

Yeah, totally, with just the three of us, and baby-eater Heather can be Heather #1 because...well, if the baby thing wasn't enough, the Mafia thing sure as hell is. You can be #2, because you were certainly here before me, and I'll be #3, because it doesn't correspond to a bodily function. We don't have to hang out, but every now and then we must get together and kick the crap out of Winona Ryder. (Metaphorically speaking. Of course.)

On a related note, anyone know why I can't have smilies? They're off, and I can't click on anything but 'BBCode' over there.

Off to watch me some Star Trek.
Last edited by nwheather on Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heathalouise

Post by heathalouise »

hovering wrote:we should definitely make a heathersoftheworldunite.org and only let the cool heathers into our group.

Is that like shoplifters of the world, shall we unite and take over? (Five nights of Morrissey at the Apollo, I'm way too excited.)

I'm a Heather as well, only I grew up in a pronunciation-challenged part of the country (MA), so I was a "Heatha" for much of my life.
LoveSickJerk

Post by LoveSickJerk »

Sparks: "I've got a book."
Debbie: "What's the book?"
Sparks: "A Modest Proposal."
Debbie: "By Whom?"
Sparks: "Johnathan Swift."
Debbie: "And what is the book about?"
((long pause))
Sparks: "Eating babies."
Debbie: "...the hell is that supposed to mean?"
Sparks: "It's like veal, only babies."
Debbie: "That's sick!"
Sparks: "I'm talking real baby back ribs."
((long pause))
Debbie: "...the foulest thing I've ever heard!"
Sparks: "RIBS!!! Dripping with sauce!!! Falling off the bone!!!"
Debbie: "You sick bastard!!"
Sparks: "Just trying to help out a single mom."
BladeRunner

Post by BladeRunner »

I was waiting for it, and LSJ delivered.

Personally, I perfer the time-travel episode:

Dr. Quinn: Stromy, what time is it?
Stromy: Dodge-ball time
Dr. Quinn: *screaming* Stromy, this is serious, what time is it?
Dodge-ball smacks Dr. Quinn in the face
Stromy: I said it was dodge-ball time, bitch.
Kateness

Post by Kateness »

I love that this picked up. Hi everybody! Ooh, exciting. *grins*
hovering

Post by hovering »

heathalouise wrote:
hovering wrote:we should definitely make a heathersoftheworldunite.org and only let the cool heathers into our group.

Is that like shoplifters of the world, shall we unite and take over? (Five nights of Morrissey at the Apollo, I'm way too excited.)

I'm a Heather as well, only I grew up in a pronunciation-challenged part of the country (MA), so I was a "Heatha" for much of my life.

i love pretending i have a boston accent. i think that one guy from real world [paris] started it. "you're on fiiiiiiia, you guys got any liqua?" -- beautiful. sometimes people call me "heatha" because they think it's "cute"