DCFC

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

call me stupid

DCFC

Post by call me stupid »

Since I haven't checked the board for a while, I'm sure this has been discussed, but if it hasn't, I'll bring it up.

Death Cab for Cutie's new cd: AMAZING
heather

Post by heather »

who the hell is death cab for cutie?
hovering

Post by hovering »

well, call me stupid (har har har), but I think this dude has something to do with the death cab for cuties:

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I must have missed something, I thought DCFC's last cd was Transatlanticism. When did Awesome come out, and why isn't on the Barsuk website?? Help!
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

OMG
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

Liesbeth wrote:I must have missed something, I thought DCFC's last cd was Transatlanticism. When did Awesome come out, and why isn't on the Barsuk website?? Help!
That would've been really funny if you got the adjective right. He said "AMAZING".
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

it was still really funny.
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

I think I can clear this up.

In Australia, DCFC's latest was released as "AMAZING."

In Portugal, it was released as "AWESOME."

Everywhere else, it was released as "SUPER MARVIN GAYE."

HTH. HAND.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

HAHAHA YOU'RE FUNNY MEG!
heather

Post by heather »

I LOVE EVERYONE.

[but esp. heather, for that awesome picture of ben gibbard. or is that gen biggard? meg?]
sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by sour29 »

meg wrote:I think I can clear this up.
In Australia, DCFC's latest was released as "AMAZING."
In Portugal, it was released as "AWESOME."
Everywhere else, it was released as "SUPER MARVIN GAYE."

Ok, HERE'S the funny.
hovering

Post by hovering »

heather wrote:I LOVE EVERYONE.

[but esp. heather, for that awesome picture of ben gibbard. or is that gen biggard? meg?]

well, I don't know who ben gibbard is, but the dude up above is from that amazing band called the postal service. duh.

and I am SO happy to see that no sickness can allow meg to lose her wonderful wit and charm. god bless amurrika.
Damien_82

Post by Damien_82 »

after reading this thread i've come to the conclusion that you're all just way too clever for me and also way too mean. completely unprovoked. prove my point. perhaps you'll continue with this nonsense. perhaps you'll redirect your wittiness in this direction. by the way, transatlanticism is amazing. one of the best albums i've listened to in quite a while.
heather

Post by heather »

oh, stop being silly.

we love you. if we didn't, we wouldn't have made this thread of yours the most happening place on the interwebnet.
hovering

Post by hovering »

we aren't mean, we're just fun[ny].
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Damien_82 wrote:after reading this thread i've come to the conclusion that you're all just way too clever for me and also way too mean. completely unprovoked. prove my point. perhaps you'll continue with this nonsense. perhaps you'll redirect your wittiness in this direction. by the way, transatlanticism is amazing. one of the best albums i've listened to in quite a while.

You are two people on this board? See...you've duped me. I had no idea.

But don't take the joking serious sweetieboots, these chickens are just being goofballs. And you must admit, it was pretty funny stuff.

I don't have the death cab album (I was being contrarian again...) perhaps I'll go pick it up.... Is it a good summer album?
call me stupid

Post by call me stupid »

i didn't mind being joked at, i can take the sarcasm. i was a little dissapointed that i tried starting up a thread on what i feel like is one of the best albums of the year, and due to everyone's overuse of sarcasm, the album was neglected to even be talked about.

so like i said, you're all doing a great diservice to yourselves if you don't go out and listen to the album. and don't apologize to me or damien, apologize to the kid, he's the one you let down.
hovering

Post by hovering »

I definitely don't mean any disrespect, but, uhh.. the album came out six months ago. and most of us heard it around last july, presumably. so, you know, a little fun never hurt anyone.
hovering

Post by hovering »

Betty Felon wrote:I don't have the death cab album (I was being contrarian again...) perhaps I'll go pick it up.... Is it a good summer album?

p.s.
I think it's a better fall album, but hey, to each their own.
a good summer album is THE NEW THERMALS.
call me stupid

Post by call me stupid »

hovering wrote:I definitely don't mean any disrespect, but, uhh.. the album came out six months ago. and most of us heard it around last july, presumably. so, you know, a little fun never hurt anyone.

well living in the skank town of mount pleasant, michigan doesn't keep me up to date on such things, and besides, i thought i covered myself when i said "Since I haven't checked the board for a while, I'm sure this has been discussed, but if it hasn't, I'll bring it up", but hey, rip away