Disc Live, oh my.

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Betty Felon

Disc Live, oh my.

Post by Betty Felon »

"The hottest ticket of the spring, the Pixies are reuniting and DiscLive will be there. Each night throughout the American and Canadian tour this April, DiscLive will produce only 1,000 individually numbered, foil-stamped, limited edition copies of each concert. Only 500 copies will be available for pre-order, with 500 additional copies available at the show.

Order today before these discs sell out. Sorry! Shows in Minneapolis, Winnipeg, Davis, and Indio are sold out! Get your discs today before more shows are gone!"

http://www.disclive.com/

I would certainly like an individually numbered, foil-stamped, limited edition copy of the Long Winter's show in Chicago a few weeks ago.

Strange how even though I adore the Pixies, just like the rest of you, I find this disclive thing a bit extravagent. However, when viewed in context of The Long Winters, it's simply a very cool idea that I'd like to see happen.
eatmysunshine

Post by eatmysunshine »

Yeah, I just heard about this recently. I think its a really cool idea, especially for those really special shows. I'd love to have a live long winters cd from a show I was at, full of John's loveable rambling as well as great music.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

and this way there doesn't have to be as many bootleggers, since the band is obviously making money off the show. Its time they finally learned from the WWE.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

WWE?
eatmysunshine

Post by eatmysunshine »

World Wrestling Entertainment, formerly the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). I'm not extremely familiar, but I assume from the comment they sell tapes of each match after its over.
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

They have everything ready almost immediately. Kings-nay GODS!- of mass merchandising, they manage to push tapes & collectibles immediately after every show. You have surmised correctly. they've been doing it for years, and its about time its caught on.
Endo23

Post by Endo23 »

I have a burn of the Pixies DiscLive show... good God they sound good. The band I mean, the discs sound nice too, though.

If anyone wants to trade for the show, PM me. (I don't mind "bootlegging" in this instance, since they limited the number of these discs and sold 'em out... and it's not like I'm selling copies from my trenchcoat in back alleys or anything.)