Harvey and Nada a la Croc

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Karousme

Harvey and Nada a la Croc

Post by Karousme »

Your thoughts?

It was my first live Harvey Danger experience and I had a great time. They are a most proficient band. And the new Nada songs are excellent!

I saw some fellow boardies; Un and Heather were front and center, I was posted up with NatureBoy (Ian). Wish I would have stuck around to meet more of y'all, but it'll have to wait till next time...I really need my sleep tonight. (I was the guy yawning the entire time...but not from being bored, mind you.)

Did all the out of town folks have a good time??
heather

Post by heather »

Holy Jebus you sure posted this right quick.

As promised, Stephanie and I were up front and center. There were some teary moments*, LOTS of calling people and leaving songs on their voice mail, and a shit load of rocking out.

*aka "crying like little bitches" [so sayeth stephanie.]

Authenticity & Pike St/Park Slope.

[can you guess which song had a certain someone in an extreme teary moment?]

That show was fucking PLATINUM. Serious.
aj

Post by aj »

because I am almost out of internet time (not to mention effen tired), here are my thoughts, as newly posted on the HD boards. more to come, I'm sure, when I am more articulate or somewhat removed or whatever.
http://www.harveydanger.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002142.html
hovering

Post by hovering »

heather & stephanie are the best people in the world. THE BEST. i got two nada surf songs and "radio silence" and a bonus email from heather (sober?! SOBER?! WHOA!) -- now, i can die happy.

except, really, screw you all for living in seattle/being 21+.
Karousme

Post by Karousme »

Was Stephanie the curly-haired girl with the hat?
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

yeah i was wondering who that was...and who was the red haired girl rocking out hard to nada surf. i'm not sure if anyone saw me...i was wearing a turquoise t-shirt and have lots of buttons on the strap of my bag. the guy who told me he saw me rocking out to nada surf...a boardie by any chance?
jess

Post by jess »

everyone is right on...last night was incredible and beautiful. as aj mentioned sean is one of the best f**king preformers ever. next time i would love to meet some of you other local board people.
NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Re: Harvey and Nada a la Croc

Post by NatureBoy »

Karousme wrote:I was posted up with NatureBoy (Ian)

I can't really put into words what the experience was like, but I'm just very grateful I was able to see such great bands on top of their game.

I'd like to thank those involved for making it possible.
the new girl

Post by the new girl »

I just got home and I'm off to class, but I'll add to the general consensus that it was f'in awesome. I met a guy from Baltimore who's probably from one or the other of the boards in line (didn't really occur to me at the time...), but I was my typical shy self once inside and rocked out by myself rather than searching for board folks.

And I'll add that I'd do just about anything (well, maybe not quite) for a recording of that one if something surfaces...
NatureBoy
Current Heading: North

Post by NatureBoy »

the new girl wrote:And I'll add that I'd do just about anything (well, maybe not quite) for a recording of that one if something surfaces...

Me too...anything goes...no safety words...
jess

Post by jess »

me too! i don't know what i would do for a copy but i know i would love one.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

who were the two dudes with the big tv/video camera???

hmm...
mildlyrestarted

Post by mildlyrestarted »

Karousme wrote:Was Stephanie the curly-haired girl with the hat?

her hair isn't normally curly, but she is 90% of the time wearing a black hat with white skulls on it.
meg
Mod Emeritus

Post by meg »

I was quite chuffed to have voicemails of my own this morning...and a message from Heather/Stephanie and "a bunch of other people," including Harvey Winters, well, that's awfully nice, and all of you unnamed people, I'm sorry I wasn't around to answer that call and scream at you all for being the gayest group of fans I've ever been party to. Party to fans? Party to fans.
mildlyrestarted

yeah, dude. i woke up to three voicemails that totalled well over 10 minutes from stephanie and also talked to stephanie and heather (through stephanie) for-like-evers last night. if i would have been there it would have been 7,000 times cooler. cuz i fucking rule. ;)
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

meg wrote:"a bunch of other people," including Harvey Winters, well, that's awfully nice, and all of you unnamed people, I'm sorry I wasn't around to answer that call and scream at you all for being the gayest group of fans I've ever been party to. Party to fans? Party to fans.

I was one of those "other people". I'm not important enough for Heather to name. ;)
heather

Post by heather »

Remember, from now on, you're "the guy who spilled shit at harvey danger".
hovering

Post by hovering »

completely unrelated to harvey danger but:

heather. meg. laura. stephanie. me.
OUR PHONE NUMBERS ARE CIRCULATING AROUND, THE VOICEMAILS ARE NEVER ENDING, WHY ARE WE NOT ALL GROUPED INTO ONE PART OF THE US?
mildlyrestarted

hovering wrote:completely unrelated to harvey danger but:

heather. meg. laura. stephanie. me.
OUR PHONE NUMBERS ARE CIRCULATING AROUND, THE VOICEMAILS ARE NEVER ENDING, WHY ARE WE NOT ALL GROUPED INTO ONE PART OF THE US?

one day we will live in a huge mansion of bachelorettes, causing debacles and making messes of boys' lives. and then we'll start a band and sing songs about the boys and make people think that we are more than just heartbreakers.

i have a keyboard i can't play and sing off-key. let's go.
Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Post by Unremarkable »

heather wrote:Remember, from now on, you're "the guy who spilled shit at harvey danger".

AND the guy who kept YOU from spilling shit at The Harvey Danger show.