loretta lynn

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

hovering

loretta lynn

Post by hovering »

sorry, I know you guys are really pumped about seeing harvey danger last night. trust me, I understand. I was jealous, it's true, but I got voicemails and stuff, so it's under control now. I think, I hope.

but anyway, this new loretta lynn album that jack white produced/arranged? HOLY SHIT. I've always had a soft spot for loretta lynn because it reminds me of my grandmother and being in north carolina and nostalgia, nostalgia.

as for jack white, he just reminds me that I sort of want to kill myself sometimes. but, you know, to each their own. whatever, whatever. I don't like modest mouse, I don't like the white stripes: what other flaws am I hiding from you folks?

again, off the subject:
THIS SHIT IS SO GOOD. HOLY SHIT.

comments? thoughts? want to tell me I am stupid? send me mail bombs? feel free, it's cool.
heather

Post by heather »

STOP BEING ME. I THINK I'M GOING INSANE-O. YES, INSANE-O.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Loretta Lynn is one of the most amazing people alive. I don't have the new album yet but I just might by tommorrow...

And I will forgive you for not liking Modest Mouse (I don't care either way about the White Stripes) if you love Lucinda Williams and/or Neko Case as much as I do.

Have you heard Neko's Canadian Amp EP yet? It makes time stop.
hovering

Post by hovering »

heather chandler, we are the same person, just five years apart. holy shit, i am young.

E-GIRLFRIEND! neko case and lucinda williams are probably two of my favorite musicians, ever. my god, i love them. love love love. the canadian amp ep makes me die.
heathalouise

Post by heathalouise »

The Canadian Amp EP is nothing short of glorious. I am obsessed with "In California" and "Knock Loud I'm Home." I have the hugest girlcrush on Ms. Case.

I really need that Loretta Lynn record.

And just to relate the two, on The Corn Sisters' record (that's Neko and Carolyn Mark), they do a blazin' cover of "Fist City." You have to love a song with such lines as "But the man I love, when he picks up a trash, he puts it in a garbage can."
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

Just you wait till Neko releases the live album she just recorded. She covers a Loretta Lynn song. I know because I was there.

I wish wish wish I'd bought tickets to all three nights in a row.

Neko is the biggest dork on stage (the Long Winters should sell banter lessons), it was like watching Abbott and Costello. But does really matter if she wants to babble about maxi pads or the Passion of Christ, when girl could sing the phone book and still knock you flat on your ass?

And Lucinda...oh Lucinda...I put you and Paul Simon on the same very small shelf.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

heathalouise wrote:The Canadian Amp EP is nothing short of glorious. I am obsessed with "In California" and "Knock Loud I'm Home." I have the hugest girlcrush on Ms. Case.
"Andy" is the one that gets into me right from the start...and the whole album. oh man. And the bluegrass.

I too have a girlcrush. or maybe it's not even just a girlcrush. Maybe it's true love. Or maybe I want to be her.

Her iTunes thingy says she got banned from the Grand Ole Opry for taking her shirt off. Who takes their shirt off in the Grand Old Opry?

Only Neko can get away with that...

I don't have the Corn Sister's thing. Looks like I've got some shoppin' to do. I think I might pick up this United States of Electronica business that keeps getting mentioned. oh goody goody.
heather

Post by heather »

Don't think woman. Buy that USE right quick. Right now. Serious.
hovering

Post by hovering »

we all have crushes on neko case, this is wonderful.

my father has some live shows of her that i've listened to and there is one part where she's just like: "hang on, guys, i have to pick my underwear out of my ass" and again, i think that's only something she could get away with doing.

"andy" is coincidentally the name of my ex-boyfriend. so i used to listen to that song a lot. not so much anymore, not so much anymore.

also, lucinda williams has a live album coming out at the beginning of may, i believe.

have any of you ever listened to the be good tanyas? god damnit, i love female country vocals.