Yeah, I'm a "Jock"...

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Tue May 18, 2004 9:13 pm

im an utter losergirl, who is so sick she can sit for hours, not moving an inch..

i was beautiful inhighscool, but all my life i thought i was ugly. i gave up on myself at age 15, when a boy named ryan mcfarlane didnt like me , and my "evil best friend" raelene johnson, had her way with him..

im ugly now, too fat for any sort of catch. ive been gaining, stress i guess. plus a disasterous home hairstyle, try like kelly osbourne on crack.

i learned to hate jocks from kurt cobain, it was in all the books- i still hate jocks- i picture them in their late 20's still wearing the lettermans jacket, talkin bout how he scored with the head cheerleader.

nothing against rich- but its how i grew up.

longtimecoming

Postby longtimecoming » Tue May 18, 2004 9:24 pm

John wrote:The Kingdome!

hey myfamily lives on alki beach in west seattle, and our view is better than frasiers or saltys (were about the ones with the decorations year round, every holiday..haha)

anyway i went to the last baseball game in the kingdome, and a nifty t shirt..

my dad and grandpa both helped build the kingdome- (and that building in seattle that is blue with the square on top- me and mysisters names are on the square) and my grandpa was first to hit a baseball in the dome- he put a homeplate down, and hit the ball- and the rest is fuzzy.)

anyway we had a kingdome implosion party- darn good breakfast caserol weve got part s of the kingdome and stuff....

past the boats and the kingdome..

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Tue May 18, 2004 9:59 pm

BASEBALL. IS. GLORIOUS.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Tue May 18, 2004 10:06 pm

anthropomorphizing_kitty wrote:
heather wrote:YES! That would be most excellent.

And Rich? THE LITTLE BIRDS WERE EXPLODED WHEN THEY BLEW UP THE KINGDOME. It was sad. Where will Speed Walker go now? [anyone remember that one? huh? huh?]

Mmm...almost liiiiiive.

Oh Hells yeah!

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Wed May 19, 2004 6:22 am

Harvey Winters wrote:
grant wrote:Jay Garrick could also make himself invisible.

By "jigging" from side to side.

No lie - a dancin' fool.

Mmmmmmmm....Not Reeeeeeeeeeallly...

Oh, yes! In the DC Archives: Golden Age Flash, there's definitely one of the early stories in which he describes himself as "jigging" for invisibility. I remember it distinctly, and discussed it with the friend from whom I borrowed the book. I think it takes place on a cruise ship -- and the villains were definitely mobsters.

Note: this isn't the same thing as the constant vibration he uses to blur his features. This was a specific activity he engaged in for a specific period of time so no-one could see him (although they felt the wind of his passing).

aj

Postby aj » Wed May 19, 2004 7:04 am

Betty Felon wrote:BASEBALL. IS. GLORIOUS.

are you a cubs fan?

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Wed May 19, 2004 7:29 am

grant wrote:
Harvey Winters wrote:

No lie - a dancin' fool.

Oh, yes! In the DC Archives: Golden Age Flash, there's definitely one of the early stories in which he describes himself as "jigging" for invisibility. I remember it distinctly, and discussed it with the friend from whom I borrowed the book. I think it takes place on a cruise ship -- and the villains were definitely mobsters.

Note: this isn't the same thing as the constant vibration he uses to blur his features. This was a specific activity he engaged in for a specific period of time so no-one could see him (although they felt the wind of his passing).

Wasn't that erased by Crisis? Or Zero Hour maybe? I'm just gonna listen to some Ookla The Mok now.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Wed May 19, 2004 9:16 am

aj wrote:

are you a cubs fan?

Oh shit, take it back while you still can! ;)

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed May 19, 2004 9:22 am

aj wrote:

are you a cubs fan?

*bites tongue. hard. * ....mmmffffhate ta fshlubs....

aj

Postby aj » Wed May 19, 2004 10:41 am

so I'm guessing that's a no.

good. I was prepared to be disappointed in you.

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Wed May 19, 2004 10:43 am

aj wrote:so I'm guessing that's a no.

Seattle-ites like to pour their love and devotion into local teams that can never ever come through to them. (Don't look at me, I hate sports)

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Wed May 19, 2004 1:14 pm

LoveSickJerk wrote:
grant wrote:

Wasn't that erased by Crisis? Or Zero Hour maybe? I'm just gonna listen to some Ookla The Mok now.

I think the main effect of Crisis, as far as Flash was concerned, was to move Keystone City from Pennsylvania to Kansas, and Central City from Ohio to Missouri. Jay Garrick has remained remarkably consistent over the years.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed May 19, 2004 1:40 pm

aj wrote:so I'm guessing that's a no.

I was born a White Sox fan and I'll die a White Sox fan.

You mentioned you are new to the Chi, so you might not realize that the Sox/Cubs rivalry is a serious one. It causes fistfights. It breaks up marriages. It follows family lineage like tribal gangs.

And this is a city that hasn't seen a championship in 183 collective seasons.

ok---I'll stop now. You don't want to open those flood gates.

....but Cubs fans are annoying aren't they? I hope you don't live in Wrigleyville...it only gets worse in the summer...particuarly this summer.

ok. I'll stop. I will. ok. really. *bites down*

aj

Postby aj » Wed May 19, 2004 1:58 pm

oh, I know.

I used to work in a bar south of wrigleyville where drunk, obnoxious cubs fans would come to get more drunk and obnoxious post game. I hate the traffic during cubs games, but I hate being on the train even more. I cannot handle being packed in with that crowd. blech. and I swear I'm not one to dismiss an entire group of people, but it is so overwhelmingly disgusting.

however, I will go and get drunk at wrigley at least one time in my life.

I want to go to a sox game first. as a cubs protest, but more importantly cuz I'm an American League girl. Minnesota Twins. Born & raised.

so, this weekend is sox vs. twins. awww yeah.
Last edited by aj on Wed May 19, 2004 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Wed May 19, 2004 2:01 pm

grant wrote:

I think the main effect of Crisis, as far as Flash was concerned, was to move Keystone City from Pennsylvania to Kansas, and Central City from Ohio to Missouri. Jay Garrick has remained remarkably consistent over the years.

Now, you're hurting my feelings...

For reasons known to many,
(Including Martian Manhunter)
I could only WISH
Central City was in MIssouri!!!

Central City, is in Nebraska...
Check your maps, kids...

Don't make me call Allison, the "Fact-Checker"...

Please, if you haven't read "Kingdom Come"
Shame on you...
For all you HD fans,
It's "Plague of Locusts" with Superheros...
The new Hawkman is sick!!!
"The Environmental Terrorist"
He woulda saved The birds in the dome...

PS-Go Braves!!!!!

heather

Postby heather » Wed May 19, 2004 2:11 pm

Harvey Winters wrote:

No lie - a dancin' fool.

Jay could vibrate through solid objects...
He also HID his identity, by vibrating his face at super speed....
(Ladies, please...We're talking about a comic book character)

yeah, hi, rich? yeah, girls like comics too. yeah.

ps: GO CUBBIES.
Last edited by heather on Wed May 19, 2004 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Wed May 19, 2004 2:11 pm

grant wrote:

If you don't have an issue #, you don't have SHITE!!!

PS-Heather, who do you read?

aj

Postby aj » Wed May 19, 2004 3:01 pm

heather wrote:
ps: GO CUBBIES.

shot through the heart

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Wed May 19, 2004 3:05 pm

aj wrote:oh, I know.

I used to work in a bar south of wrigleyville where drunk, obnoxious cubs fans would come to get more drunk and obnoxious post game. I hate the traffic during cubs games, but I hate being on the train even more. I cannot handle being packed in with that crowd. blech. and I swear I'm not one to dismiss an entire group of people, but it is so overwhelmingly disgusting.

Yes. They are totally barfy. Wrigley is not a ballpark, it's a nightclub. Complete with celebrity hangerson. They don't watch the game. They talk on cell phones and hit on eachother and get suntans and pee on the walls.

It's a hipster club where you go to be seen and show off your ability to pay too much for tickets and be obnoxious as possible.

Fire Commisioner James Joyce said it best when he said he wouldn't be ringing fire sirens (like they did in 59 when the Sox won) if the cubs got the national leauge pennent last year:

"Actually, since the other team [the Cubs] got into this thing, we don't see a need for the sirens. It would startle some of the participants and we wouldn't want them to spill their chardonnay."

however, I will go and get drunk at wrigley at least one time in my life.

I want to go to a sox game first. as a cubs protest, but more importantly cuz I'm an American League girl. Minnesota Twins. Born & raised.

so, tonight's sox vs. twins. awww yeah.

Well, Minnesota away series starts tommorow actually. But the twinkies won today vs. Tor. You'd think I'd hate Minnesota since it's Sox v. Twins for the central division, but I have to give them credit for being awesome when thier manager was gonna sell them out. Also Lew Ford is performing nicely for my fantasy team.

....dammit. I told you not to get me started on baseball.

Anyway...Minnesota is town July 26-28. the first two games are mon and tues...both half price nights at Whiskey Park. Upper deck is 6 bucks. I'll meet you there.

anthropomorphizing_kitty

Postby anthropomorphizing_kitty » Wed May 19, 2004 3:05 pm

Anyone besides me sense any humor in the fact that in a thread that self-proclaims jocks, all the jocks are talking about comic books, and all the girls are talking about sports?

Return to “Cattywampus”