Yeah, I'm a "Jock"...

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

aj

Postby aj » Wed May 19, 2004 3:11 pm

Betty Felon wrote:
Well, Minnesota away series starts tommorow actually. But the twinkies won today vs. Tor. You'd think I'd hate Minnesota since it's Sox v. Twins for the central division, but I have to give them credit for being awesome when thier manager was gonna sell them out. Also Lew Ford is performing nicely for my fantasy team.

....dammit. I told you not to get me started on baseball.

Anyway...Minnesota is town July 26-28. the first two games are mon and tues...both half price nights at Whiskey Park. Upper deck is 6 bucks. I'll meet you there.

yeah, realized on my way home that today is not Thurs. I keep placing myself closer to the weekend.

I really respect the Sox, even though it would make more sense to hate them more than the cubs... in theory. I will totally see you at the games! I've already been planning my summer games. got it on the calendar.

LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby LoveSickJerk » Wed May 19, 2004 3:27 pm

I'm not a jock. Just a would be; a playa. Well, rather, I just crush a lot.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Wed May 19, 2004 4:47 pm

well, I did find the chardonnay remark funny.

heather

Postby heather » Wed May 19, 2004 6:17 pm

LoveSickJerk wrote:I'm not a jock. Just a would be; a playa. Well, rather, I just crush a lot.

OH. MY. JEBUS.

you are my new best friend. BFF'S UNITE!

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Wed May 19, 2004 11:25 pm

Seriously, the Seahawks have the coolest logo in all of sports...
Coming from a Giants fan...
In 8th grade, I drew a huge Seahawk on my notebook...

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Thu May 20, 2004 4:49 am

heather wrote:
LoveSickJerk wrote:I'm not a jock. Just a would be; a playa. Well, rather, I just crush a lot.

OH. MY. JEBUS.

you are my new best friend. BFF'S UNITE!

Word! We'll rock the suburbs!

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Postby grant » Thu May 20, 2004 6:52 am

Harvey Winters wrote:
grant wrote:I think the main effect of Crisis, as far as Flash was concerned, was to move Keystone City from Pennsylvania to Kansas, and Central City from Ohio to Missouri. Jay Garrick has remained remarkably consistent over the years.

Now, you're hurting my feelings...

For reasons known to many,
(Including Martian Manhunter)
I could only WISH
Central City was in MIssouri!!!

Central City, is in Nebraska...
Check your maps, kids...

Where's this from?

Please, if you haven't read "Kingdom Come"
Shame on you...

If it's from Kingdom Come... I'll have to dig that out of the garage, but at any rate, as an "elseworlds" imprint, I'm not sure it should hold true (although it does play lots of games with continuity itself -- did you catch the Golden Age Red Tornado, Ma Hunkel, in one of the crowd scenes? I didn't but other folks on the web did.)

At any rate...

Mr. Danger wrote:If you don't have an issue #, you don't have SHITE!!!

I don't have an issue # for the invisibility thing (somewhere before 50, and possibly in the single digits - it's in the hardcover Archive, though, where I read it), but I can offer this authoritative source as far as the city location goes...

The Flash fan behind that site wrote:Finally, Flash #188 (2002) provided this memorable quote as the Flash stood atop the newly-rebuilt Van Buren Bridge: "Keystone City, Kansas. Central City, Missouri. Forever united -- and under my protection."

Rejoice.

They even have a relief map showing Keystone's relation to Central.

If you'd like more fun with comics maps, this page gives a fun overview.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Thu May 20, 2004 12:10 pm

I was referring to "Flash, Year One" regarding NEB, but I'll check...

'Kingdome Come" was one of the greatest
graphics ever made...
Alex Ross is an artistic God...
Wade (Waid?) wrote it like poetry...
Mcfarlane couldn't carry Ross' easel...

It should be required reading...
That's all I was trying to say...

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:27 pm

FOOTBALL SEASON IS UPON US AGAIN!!!
THANK YOU JEEBUS!!!

PS-The Kingdome blew monkeys...

AJ-The Vikings will CHOKE again...

And Cowboy fans can go to Hades...

GO GIANTS!!!

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:29 pm

nobody likes football.

aj

Postby aj » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Betty Felon wrote:nobody likes football.

I'm ok with being a nobody

aj

Postby aj » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:43 pm

Harvey Winters wrote:AJ-The Vikings will CHOKE again...

Ohhh-NO you didn't!

I knew that 6-0 wouldn't last while it was happening last season. HOWEVER.

I predict that they may not start as strong this year and a steady pace will win the race. Especially all this hype about them-- it'll freak em out and they'll come into their own later, mid season. This is the way it will be.

They finished with their game just as I was getting into it last year. Men. heh.

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:27 am

AJ - C'mon, have you learned nothing? Every true Vikings fan knows God hates them and won't let them succeed. Proven fact.

I have loved the Vikings since I was born, and I have received nothing but pain and suffering for my year in, year out devotion. I've come to expect it. Now, if I don't get my hopes up, I don't get hurt as much. Example, I knew in my heart that Arizona was going to score last year. Seriously. Knew it. Called it. Watched it happen. Still hurt, but at least I was prepared.

The Vikings fans are in a classic abusive relationship. Every year, they start off really nice, giving you flowers and taking you out to dinner. Then, they start start coming home from work late and dropping a game to New York or somebody.

Next thing you know, they are drunk, screaming about dinner and Gary Anderson is missing a FG against freaking ATLANTA in the NFC Title game!!

You are crushed, but then a few months later the draft rolls around and they start appologizing. They fire a coordinatror to show you they have changed. Here come the flowers again "This year it is going to be different"

Your friends are saying "Why do you put yourself through this?"

"It's OK, the Vikes really love me. That's why they drafted Kenechi Udeze. What, this, I just fell down the stairs."

dchris

Postby dchris » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:01 am

Speakin' of football, No You Are, everytime I see your Hawkeye avatar, my heart breaks a little remembering my dear Gators' sad sad performance in last year's bowl game. They weren't even trying and I still don't know why.

But, that was last year. I will move on now.

LoveSickJerk

Postby LoveSickJerk » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:18 am

Vikings fans have NOTHING on Buffalo fans. NOTHING! Go Buffalo!

aj

Postby aj » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:53 am

No You Are, you are so right. I know.

sometimes love hurts.

speaking of dropping a game-- I was at the Vikes / Bears game when Moss was at the height of his laziness. I was directly behind him when he said "here you go" and handed the ball away in the m-fn endzone. it was perhaps one of the most painful points in the relationship. I mean, THE BEARS. and you know, your theory is completely consistent. after that particular game, Williams jogged over and tossed me his game gloves. makes more sense to me now.

regardless, I think I can change them. if I just believe in them enough, they won't want to hurt me. I can help them to be better.

Betty Felon

Postby Betty Felon » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:45 am

Dear Minnesota, Buffalo, New York, Etc.,

You're fanhood is charming. It really is. And I'm sure it's real and energized and passionate. But you're bugs vs. the Bears windsheild if we're talking about fans. And I say that from a completely prideless place, because I don't even like football.

We're talking about a team that has completely sucked for more than a decade and we still fly flags telling all star teams not to quit thier day jobs.

Every Christmas, after watching one of the males in my family receive their annual blue logo-emblazoned sweater vest, I will without a doubt hear the phrase "You look just like Ditka!" at least once. No, I'm not making this up.

Let me give an even better illustration: The republican party recently tried to nominate Mike Ditka to run against (inevitably the first black president) Barak Obama for the Senate. Ditka declined, but lets ask the question:

Who would win? Barak Obama and a Tornado vs. Ditka?

Most likely: Da Coach...even if the tornado's name was Ditka.

Harvey Winters

Postby Harvey Winters » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:13 pm

AJ,
41-0 my dear...

Forty-One to Bagel...

We got Kurt, We got Eli...
It's all too good...

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:54 am

aj wrote:regardless, I think I can change them. if I just believe in them enough, they won't want to hurt me. I can help them to be better.

I really, REALLY, hope you are right. However, as my grandma used to say...

"Hurt me once, shame on you, hurt me twice, OK that was just bad luck and I'll let it slide, hurt me three times, well, if Scott Studwell wouldn't have been injured we'd have been OK, hurt me four times and I'll overlook it if we have a good draft, hurt me five times, and I'll try not to hate you... but lose to the Freakin' Falcons in the NFC Champ game? That's it, I'm taking a stand."

GO VIKES!!!

dchris-- sorry to bring up your pain, but that game was sweet. ESPECIALLY after getting beat down by CArson Palmer in the Orange Bowl the year before. No hard feelings, right?

dchris

Postby dchris » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:38 am

No You Are wrote:dchris-- sorry to bring up your pain, but that game was sweet. ESPECIALLY after getting beat down by CArson Palmer in the Orange Bowl the year before. No hard feelings, right?

Oh, how I could go on about the bullshit that was our last football season. Instead, I will only say that the Seminoles are an evil evil team and ACC refs are biased and killed our pride.

Losing to Iowa was a sad and low thing, but at least you guys weren't creeps about it.

But, what's up with y'all stealing our chomp?

Return to “Cattywampus”