The Thermals

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

iheartbarsuk

Re: the thermals

Post by iheartbarsuk »

Ryan wrote:the thermals are one of very few bands who make me want to put down my camera and ROCK THE FUCK OUT at a show. and the new album has been playing non-stop for the last two months - at home, in the car...it's better than the first one and that is hard to even comprehend. as imaginary liz once said... "i just want to eat their heads..."
To concur: The Thermals are the bee’s roller skates, the cat’s whiskers and the kangaroo’s pouch. Any show with the Thermals involves eardrum shattering, socks blowing off, hairdo frazzling and faces being plastered with gigantic grins.

Oh, and are you the Famous Ryan that the Three Imaginary Girls adore (especially Liz) and keep mentioning? If so, ::waves::and I love your photography oh-so much. I'm imaginary intern shebang.
heathalouise

Post by heathalouise »

I saw the Thermals and the Hold Steady in Philly on Tuesday, and believe me, my proverbial socks were rocked off. My fiance loved the Hold Steady, as did the rest of the boys who went to the show with me. The Hold Steady Almost Killed Me and Fuckin' A are now at the top of my "to buy" list. My friend Josh called "Certain Songs" an "indie rock epic."
Ryan

Re: the thermals

Post by Ryan »

iheartbarsuk wrote:Oh, and are you the Famous Ryan that the Three Imaginary Girls adore (especially Liz) and keep mentioning? If so, ::waves::and I love your photography oh-so much. I'm imaginary intern shebang.
i'll disagree with the "Famous" part entirely, but the rest is me. thanks for the kind words.
hovering

Post by hovering »

heathalouise wrote: My friend Josh called "Certain Songs" an "indie rock epic."

your friend josh? well, yeah, he's right.