between the birds and the worms

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

hovering

between the birds and the worms

Post by hovering »

can I be really wampus, but NOT catty, and say that I love you guys?
because it's true. sometimes the barsuk board gives me a headache and then I just remember the dears (the dears being you, not to be confused with the canadian band) at the long winters board and realize how much everyone rules.

so, with that said, talk about things you like a lot. or love. or something good. positivity, people!

I love rain (no, I'm not crazy) and getting packages and bands from texas and my father's taste in music and handclaps procastination and people with a sense of humor.

this post was brought to you mainly by the deathray davies playing on my stereo; what a smile they bring to my face.
stephanie

say it to me now

Post by stephanie »

I love (LOVE!) the Mountain Goats and the Frames and Buried Beds and David Mead and Havergal and Fountains of Wayne and the Cure and listening to music on headphones as I triumphantly finish a bottle of NyQuil on a Sunday night.
I love curly-haired left-handed boys.
I love Dave Eggers.
I love Chuck Palahniuk.
I love Howard Dean.
I love that the weather FINALLY decided to be nice here.
I love paying an ungodly amount to live next to Lake Michigan when the weather finally decides to be nice.
I love alcohol more than any boy I have ever dated.
I love my best friend so much that it gives me strength to face days I couldn't otherwise.
I love my other friends in the way that it's always the supporting notes in chord structures that bring tears to your eyes.
I love visiting Chicago, knowing all the while I could never live there. Same to Brooklyn. I can't take all the noise.
I love Jenny Lewis in a way I can't talk about without crying.
I love everything to do with Lifter Puller and the Hold Steady so much that my heart hurts to be away from the people that comprise those bands, because they lift me up like angels and treasure me like a sister.
I love Rimbaud from the Barsuk board -- NOT!

And duh, Heather 407, I love you. SO FUCKING MUCH. (Heathers 425/206 & 215, the same goes out to you, too; I know, I owe all three Heathers emails!)
hovering

Post by hovering »

oh, yeah.
I fucking love 300 love letters

(again, I think we've done this before.. but, I'm in a good mood. and want to talk about good things.)
heathalouise

Re: between the birds and the worms

Post by heathalouise »

hovering wrote:this post was brought to you mainly by the deathray davies playing on my stereo; what a smile they bring to my face.
I love the Deathray Davies so much that I would scream it from the rooftops of Center City if I weren't so incapacitated with a sore throat. The only way I can speak right now is through my dear old keyboard.
I love my cats, Walker and Linus, who are being thoroughly adorable as their mom sloths on the couch all the day, popping dayquil like candy.
I love that I just used "sloth" as a verb.
I love my fiance, who has put up with my sore throat and pesterings about all kinds of ridiculous wedding crap.
I love being a grad student.
I love the rock n' roll.
And right now, I love sleep...
dchris

Re: between the birds and the worms

Post by dchris »

I love ponytails.
I love walmart shoes.
I love that every LW/HD board member I've met has been awesome, and I love you all, some to perhaps an unhealthy degree.
I love Shaw's <i>Pygmalion</i> so much that six years later, I <b>still</b> want to be Henry Higgins.
I love seeing the Long Winters twice within a month, when six weeks ago I doubted I would ever see them.
I love cookies and cream milkshakes. Again, perhaps to an unhealthy degree.
I love Ten 13 Concept so much that I don't care if they're bad.
I love marching band and drum corps and winter guard as much today as I did ten years ago.
I love spring in Florida. Summer, however, not so much.
I love love.
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

I love my bed
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

let's see...what is chelsea loving right now?

ok...

* i love how come tomorrow night i'll be done with all schoolwork until late september which means SUMMER IS NEAR
* i love my internship at apex learning
* i love colin meloy and his band, the decemberists
* i love matthew caws
* i love independent music magazines, especially THE BIG TAKE-OVER - the music magazine that everyone needs to be reading, really.
* i love cheese pizza from pagliacci and diet coke
* i love how i get to see the hives in july!
* i love how i'm going to bellingham in a couple weeks
* and finally, i love you all. seriously, all you guys here are totally awesome, and the ones of you who i've met all rock :-)
heather

Post by heather »

I love panang curry. At its spiciest.
I love Flyn, for spell-checking me.
I love my other Heathers. ESPECIALLY my little Floridian piece of sunshine Heather. [sorry, i think the curry has gone to my head]
I love Stephanie, and the fact that she remembers.
I really love this board and all the people that belong to it.
I love Laura for still loving me even though I totally spaced that it was LAURA when I met her at the L-Dubs show at the Croc.
I loved going to Sasquatch and seeing a bajillion people in Barsuk hoodies.
I love that Chelsea was standing right next to me during the L-Dubs.
I love saying "L-Dubs".
I love my job[s] so much that I can't see doing anything else.
I love that the mere thought of the L-Dubs' music or playing live makes me so happy I get a tad dizzy.
I love that I never get "The Eye" during L-Dubs' shows.. Even IF I'm jumping around and looking like a complete fool.
I love Tha 'Slice AND THE SLICE [two different seperate entities, although both are all about the love.
I even love Michael Schorr, though he is sadly mistaken about my skillz at computer gamez.
dchris

Post by dchris »

chelsea wrote:let's see...what is chelsea loving right now?
* i love independent music magazines, especially THE BIG TAKE-OVER - the music magazine that everyone needs to be reading, really.
Hey, the new BTO is out? I was at Borders looking for it yesterday. Nothing. I came home with Under the Radar instead.

I'll try again tomorrow.
idrankhemlock

Post by idrankhemlock »

i love derek
i love cats
i love neutral milk hotel
i love snow
i love december
i love my friends
i love silver
i love singing
i love the long winters
i love old things
i love dreaming (even bad ones)
i love botany
i love fall
i love playing the saw (although not that well)
i love when i look good
i love my old house
i love trees
i love painting
i love all the bands that i love and didnt name
i love japanese movies
i love my old hair
i love making things
i love you guys
LoveSickJerk
Current Heading: Ascending

Post by LoveSickJerk »

I love Music.
I love Hot Dogs
I love Avant Garde/Indie Rock Batman of Seattle
I love Each And Every One of You.
I love Books, and thier quality cinema adaptations (If applicable)
I love Ghostbusters.
I love Adult Swim
I love living alone.
I love October
I love old friends flying in to party.
I love the cinema
I love Hockey
hovering

Post by hovering »

LoveSickJerk wrote: I love Hockey

I watched hockey for the first time ever last night. my dad works for coca cola and told me they made "congratulations lightning" coke cans to put in their locker room if they won, but if they lost, coke lost out on a lot of money. I'll never understand any sport that isn't baseball, but damn I wish I could ice skate.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

hovering wrote: I'll never understand any sport that isn't baseball.
and i thought i was the only one.
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, especially following Mexican food.
All food, with the exception of mint chocolate chip ice cream, should have a go at swimming in green chili.

Baseball competes with live music for my heart in the summertime.
Beer is awesome. Especially when combined with baseball or live music.

I love the smell of Boy, clean or dirty. Also grass, sage, lavender, crayons, struck matches, and desert rain smells.
Orange is my favorite color and I love that it's kicking Pink's butt in popularity right now in my general vicinity.

I get a kick out of most animals, especially the funny-lookin' and/or fuzzy ones, with big eyes.
Riding trains makes my heart still and content.
I'm grateful to lakes and mountains for being so stare-worthy.
I love foreign cultures for teaching me about myself.

I'm really glad that Bill Clinton exists.
I'm crazy about Elvis Costello, Neko Case, Paul Simon, Lucinda Williams, David Bowie, and all the people soundtrack my life.
Ditto for Woody Allen, Micheal Gondry, the Frank's-- Loydd Wright and Gehry, Lee Bontecaeu, Roberto Matta, and all artists, writers, thinkers, visionaries and other creatives who add so much depth and color and insight to life.
Big ups to mathematicians, linguists, scientists, and social philosophers for the same reason.

My friends continually amaze me for thier kindness, funniness, inspiring accomplishments, hard work, personal growth (watching theirs and helping mine along) and generally brilliant/goofy antics.

And this list can go on forever, so I'll end it like this:

I love smooches.
hovering

Post by hovering »

I think we need to have a "we're-girls-from-the-long-winters-board-and-we-kick-ass" convention so we can meet up, eat mexican food, drink beer and girltalk all night.
the hutch

Post by the hutch »

yesyesyes!

i love sushi w/ lotsa wasabi
i love jumping in puddles
i love all forms of dairy fat
i love meeting new folks
i love Scotch
i love my dog (border collie!)
i love playing my CDs too loud in the car
i love driving too fast
i love strong women and the men who love them back
i love the Thin Man movies
i love Stanly Kubrick
i love Thomas Pynchon
i love all science and science fiction
i love reading the comics before the front page
i love my kids (duh!!!!)
i love falling asleep while cuddling my little girl
and I LOVE YOU, ALL YOU SILLY, HAPPY, OPTIMISTIC PEOPLE, YOU!
Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Post by Liesbeth »

oh come on, I love all the people on this board, not just tha girlz

I also love Mexican food (and John is crazy for saying there were no Mexican restaurants here in 1989)

and I love the warm weather (so I'll shut down the laptop and sit outside, damn it!)
Betty Felon

Post by Betty Felon »

oh yeah...I almost forgot....

I love all things super girlie (except children, they are just "ok") Let's hear it for lipstick and highheels and hairdos and manicures.

All in a healthy equal-to-the-boys kind of way, of course....we are celebrating here, not claiming superiority.
hovering

Post by hovering »

i love hutch because she sent me an awesome mixtape! and south san gabriel live from sxsw! AND THE OKKERVIL RIVER/SHEARWATER SPLIT. your cd (and moneyyyyy) will be on their way shortly, i promise.
the hutch

Post by the hutch »

have you always loved baseball, Betty? i also love the game n all that it entails (not unlike fishing, it involves sitting still in the sunshine drinkin beer n yackin about nonsense w/ yer buddies) but, alas, I am in the land of the ever suffering Rangers fan...sigh...but even so, I love going to "Ameriquest Ballpark in Arlington!"

and i love it when my son gets TWO OUTS at second base (as he did last week-yippee!)