On Trading, Formats, and Community

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Squid

Postby Squid » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:59 am

No You Are wrote:<<or FLACtion, as it is>>

No you dinnit...

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:46 am

Oh Yeah!!!

<<said while bursting through a wall>>

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:26 pm

Looking back on this thread, I can honestly say I got owned by The New Math. Heh. Fair enough.

That being said, my interests in spreading live tapes certainly remains entrenched in the concept of lossless audio codecs. Over the two years this thread has spanned, it would be difficult to argue anything but the notion that broadband is even MORE popular, and large hard drives are even more affordable. That being said, I do intend to release that Toronto show to you, and I do intend to put it up in FLAC. Hopefully, everyone who downloads them will say "Hey! That wasn't so bad," and reconsider their hardline positions on the superiority of MP3.

If not? Oh well, too bad for me and the lossless community. Enjoy this show -- it's pretty spectacular. The DVD is pretty awesome too, but I want to more-or-less keep that to myself for trades, since I don't see a lot of old stuff being uploaded for free sharing. Hopefully the bootleg will be up tomorrow sometime. I'll let you know, yo.

PS. Apologies to any feathers ruffled the first go around. We're all friends now, right? Cheers.

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:11 pm

I once lived for a time in a lossless community. We had a few hundred acres in Minnesota in the late eighties. Then, one by one, people started turning up dead. No one could figure out who was doing the killing, but after awhile the term "lossless community" no longer applied. We disbanded right after the whole Dan Quayle/Murphy Brown debacle, and I moved out west to start a band.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:04 pm

You should come back. We could really use your leadership, John. Or at least your reportedly masochistic disciplinary techniques.

Did you ever get a copy of the DVD I sent to you through Barsuk in Feb/March-ish? I understand they like to open other people's mail and keep the goodies to themselves.

That being said...

Lee's Palace is a great venue. Come back there. Or the Horseshoe. Avoid the Opera House. Kiss babies.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:08 pm

FLAC FrontEnd is a choice utility to decompress to WAV for burning purposes. It also contains WinAmp plug-ins, so you can listen to the compressed file on your computer. Otherwise, if there are any comments, questions, or concerns, leave a message here or shoot me a PM. Enjoy, fellas.
Last edited by sour29 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:14 pm

sour29 wrote:Did you ever get a copy of the DVD I sent to you through Barsuk in Feb/March-ish? I understand they like to open other people's mail and keep the goodies to themselves.

Dude, I can't remember the last time anything worth stealing arrived from Canada.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:18 am

You must've missed the super-awesome-amazing-fantastical Long Winters dvd.

Or Canada Post stole it. Which ever.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:24 am

Forrest ,you may have given yourself up here, cause when i told John about this DVD in May, he said he had never seen it... you have any explanation for that?
And it was worth stealing, Moni and I had a great time watching it and even gave up climbing the Domtower in favour of this two-camera dvd goodness. (Or maybe we were too lazy for 465 steps.)

Forrest

Postby Forrest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:38 am

All larfs aside, I can tell you with near-metaphysical certitude that any and all incoming mail addressed to our artists and/or affiliates is properly handled and sorted with the utmost care and concern.

Having said that, in the immortal words of N.W.A and Lynyrd Skynrd: I Ain't The One.
Last edited by Forrest on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:25 am

Well, a certain unnamed member of the Barsuk musical roster warned me that there was a history of missing Barsuk mail *wags finger*. John assurred me that there would be no problems whatsoever, however it seems that even his wisdom and foresight has limitations we have hitherto remained ignorant of. Alas. I reckon I'll have to send it again.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:03 am

i guess than that some Canadian post official is rocking his/her socks off with the dvd, secretly congratulating themselves on this great 'find'

A Brutaful Smile

Postby A Brutaful Smile » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:47 am

Forrest wrote:Dude, I can't remember the last time anything worth stealing arrived from Canada.

Dude, I got my fiance from Canada! He's TOTALLY worth stealing! :p

heather

Postby heather » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:55 am

Please know that all packages/letters are always forwarded, unless those packages/letters include bits of hair, body parts, etc. I don't recall any fingers coming in the mail, so in the words of Trey Parker and Matt Stone:

Blame Canada.

lagomorph

Postby lagomorph » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 am

sour29 wrote:Well, a certain unnamed member of the Barsuk musical roster warned me that there was a history of missing Barsuk mail *wags finger*. John assurred me that there would be no problems whatsoever, however it seems that even his wisdom and foresight has limitations we have hitherto remained ignorant of. Alas. I reckon I'll have to send it again.

I send stuff to Barsuk all the time and it always reaches its intended recipient. They're not stealers. One time I tried to send Josh Rosenfeld some loosened eyelashes, however, but Heather (wisely) intervened.

grant
wears the boots

Postby grant » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:19 am

A Brutaful Smile wrote:
Forrest wrote:Dude, I can't remember the last time anything worth stealing arrived from Canada.

Dude, I got my fiance from Canada! He's TOTALLY worth stealing! :p

Actually, we've been meaning to talk to you about that.

Honey? Are you finally going to say something, or is it up to me?

Squid

Postby Squid » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:14 pm

oooooooh.

*grabs popcorn*
*pulls up ringside seat*

this is gonna be good. i hope it's some sort of hidden family secret involving like, you know, a wild night, lost inhibitions, a jukebox full of Bob Seger and Mounties!

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:36 pm

Uh oh. Look what I've started.

sour29

Postby sour29 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:50 pm

Has anyone come across the hidden BONUS flac's yet? I wouldn't reckon so, but they're there to be found...

John
King God, Mang

Postby John » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:28 am

Pun is the lowest form of comedy.

Return to “Cattywampus”