fuck you, echo lounge

A repository for everything else. Introductions, off-topic threads, testing and so on. When in doubt, post it here.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

hovering

fuck you, echo lounge

Post by hovering »

yeah, so, I was going to see the long winters/decemberists show in atlanta on thursday night. 18+ and up. I'm excited, a few friends and I are going, but today I get an email saying that it's been changed to 21+.

so, fuck you, atlanta and fuck you, echo lounge, and fuck you, mom, for having me way too late.
hovering

Post by hovering »

okay, the bitterness is gone. now I just keep watching this "nora" video that sour29 posted and realized that everything will be okay.
Laura Suzanne

Post by Laura Suzanne »

OH NO.

Sweetheart, i'm so sorry! =[

You go ahead and be as bitter as you damn well
please. i'd be bitter. i would probably cry...
Have you thought about emailing one of the guys
to see if they can slip you in as a merch girl or
something? They're nice, they might just do it.
hovering

Post by hovering »

we're just going to north carolina instead. hopefully.

i was thinking of doing that, you know, begging & pleading & saying if i don't see the long winters before i die, my life will not be complete. but then i said, "ah--shut the fuck up & drive the three extra hours to cat's cradle."
dchris

Re: fuck you, echo lounge

Post by dchris »

Wow. Good thing I'm over 21, because yeah. That's extremely lame. And especially in your case, because you've been counting on this for how long?

I will request Unsalted Butter alone, I suppose, on your behalf. And take many lousy pictures. And flip off Echo Lounge employees when they aren't looking.
heathalouise

Re: fuck you, echo lounge

Post by heathalouise »

hovering wrote:yeah, so, I was going to see the long winters/decemberists show in atlanta on thursday night. 18+ and up. I'm excited, a few friends and I are going, but today I get an email saying that it's been changed to 21+.

so, fuck you, atlanta and fuck you, echo lounge, and fuck you, mom, for having me way too late.
Yet another thing to convince me that Atlanta is the Worst. City. Ever.
gingerman

Post by gingerman »

That stinks, pulling the switcheroo last minute. You will get to see them. I'd bet my favorite socks on it and that's no small potatoes.
That video does rock. I love it when John's shredding so hard, he loses his glasses,....can't stop rockin'...
Cheer up H, you've got penpals.
More than some folks can say.