The Official Petition to release Through With Love thread.

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

dianna

Postby dianna » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:20 pm

If you switch the last two letters, yeah...

nwheather

Postby nwheather » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:48 am

I have stated before that I feel weird posting commentary when I know 'the artist' might read it. And I meant exactly that: weird. Not afraid, as of stepping on toes, it's just a whole new experience for me. In the case of The Long Winters--every artist I dig, really--I feel like, they are so much better than I think I'll ever be...who the fuck am I to pass judgment?? Certainly there are songs I enjoy more than others, but isn't that taste? There's no accounting for that, you know.

I have never heard 'Through With Love'. Liesbeth says it can be found, though, so I suppose I'll give it a go once I've regained consciousness.

*bed*

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:58 am

Just to clarify: I wasn't saying that it's actually around on the internet at this very moment (although it might be, but I really wouldn't know where). My remark was meant in a 'it has been released so some people have it can give copies to other people if they want without the artist having much control over it' kinda way.

nwheather

Postby nwheather » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:43 pm

Liesbeth wrote:Just to clarify: I wasn't saying that it's actually around on the internet at this very moment (although it might be, but I really wouldn't know where). My remark was meant in a 'it has been released so some people have it can give copies to other people if they want without the artist having much control over it' kinda way.

Oh. *sulk*

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm

Like I mentioned... I PM'ed John about putting up a lossless copy for free download, but he never got back to me.

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Postby Liesbeth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:03 am

in my experience, the only way to get answers to questions like that is ask them in person... then when he rolls his eyes you can ask if that is a yes or a no.

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:37 am

Ha. Maybe this should turn into a "let Jason put up the Western State Hurricanes demo" petition? THAT would work.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”