I demand more.

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

billybrown

I demand more.

Postby billybrown » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:54 pm

I've been watching this club for quite a while, and from what I gather, it is filled with brainless and idiotic jerks who are all clearly left in the dark. How is it possible that NO new information about the band has been posted since God knows when?

This club is stupid. What is the state of the Long Winters. Is there a new CD? When is it coming out... so on and so forth. These are the questions that need to be addressed. So, we're all here because we love The Long Winters. Then, start being good fans.

Merlin
Kaiser of Nerds

Postby Merlin » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:33 pm

With a good tailwind, a full version of the site with deeper information on the band, the new record, and more will be available in about a week.

The new record is called When I Pretend to Fall, and it will hit stores on Tuesday May 6th. It's really good, by the way. You can read more about the band and the album on the Barsuk site.

I hope that this is helpful for you.

meg
Mod Emeritus

Postby meg » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:57 pm

Oh, this is a club? I thought it was a chat group. I'm such a bad fan.

Unremarkable
Current Heading: East

Postby Unremarkable » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:02 pm

meg wrote:Oh, this is a club? I thought it was a chat group. I'm such a bad fan.

Shame on you! ;)

inverted/converted

Postby inverted/converted » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:05 pm

Why has half of Seattle already heard the cd? I haven't heard anything from the new cd except those great mp3s that Barsuk has posted. What's the secret? I demand to know! HELP.. I'm in Texas.

ChadyzGroove
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby ChadyzGroove » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:46 pm

yeah i was wondering the same on how people had alrready heard the cd, i mean i am willing to wait, but after hering blue diamonds, and stupid the anticipation... jeeez.

agnew
Ombudsman

Postby agnew » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:42 am

Since the web site hasn't officially launched yet, the message board has only been up in this Beta-test version to iron out the kinks before the record comes out. Most of the people who are discussing the record were either sent the record by Barsuk because of some pre-existing relationship with the label, (i.e. they're press or otherwise in the music biz), or because they're in with the band, (although the band is notoriously stingy with advance copies), or they're really resourceful. Fortunately not many copies have escaped, and even fewer with the full cover art.

The record is beginning to be played now, in advance of release, by KEXP.org which streams audio. Also, the new record goes on sale on the Barsuk web page this Friday, which is less than three days away.

grant
wears the boots
Current Heading: West

Membership... delightful.

Postby grant » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:24 am

A club? Had no idea!

Exclusive, is it? How's one apply for membership? I love brandy - just a wee dram, around four o'clock, at the club. Oh, those were indeed the days....

So, pending membership and all that folderol, who's for a brandy?

Return to “Give Me a Moment”