Intramural

Talk about the band, the records, the shows.

Moderators: Moderators Emeritus, Moderators

Liesbeth
Current Heading: West

Intramural

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:20 am

record label Slowdance have signed the band Intramural about which their 8 December update says this:

"Trust me, you know Denver Dalley. A member of Desaparecidos, the frontman of Statistics and the current holder of the coveted Nicest Dude In Rock™ Award, Denver is hands down the busiest guy in rock music. So teaming up with Nashville resident Sam Shacklock, they have formed the duo INTRAMURAL. Denver and Sam created a foundation of glitch-pop fuzzy indie instrumentals that they sent off to a slew of talented singers. Confirmed vocalists that appear on the album are members of Men Women & Children, Brand New, The Faint, John Roderick (The Long Winters) and tons more.

We're trying to keep it like a secret for the time being, but we'll give you a more updated list of some of the guest stars in the next few weeks."

The album is listed on the website for Spring 2006.

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 am

I thorougly and completely forgot about this for two years, but this is now about to be released and can be heard here: http://www.slowdance.com/

The song From the Ground is with John's vocals. I think. I mean, the lyrics give it away, but with this production it barely sounds like him, in my humble opinion. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of electronic music, but I don't hear any of the warmth they promise us in the promo bit under 'album'.

As for the alternative vocal line, it makes me wonder if this is perhaps a remnant of the discarded recordings for the album that ultimately became the Ultimatum ep. Complete speculation, mind!

sour29
Current Heading: Ascending

Postby sour29 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:08 pm

Liesbeth wrote:As for the alternative vocal line, it makes me wonder if this is perhaps a remnant of the discarded recordings for the album that ultimately became the Ultimatum ep. Complete speculation, mind!
The lyrics are more like they are on Clouds (demo) recording on the Ultimatum vinyl EP. So yeah, I'd say you're probably right.

Moni

Postby Moni » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 am

Compared to the "real" song, this version certainly falls falt, but as an experiment I actually like it!

No You Are
Current Heading: North

Postby No You Are » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:12 am

I thoght Nabil was the Nicest Man in Rock... is that a different award than the Nicest Dude in Rock? Is that like the two sets of all-Big Ten awards that are given by the coaches and the media? Which is more prestigious? Is Nabil not considered a Dude, and thus ineligible? And who is the Nicest Guy in Rock?

sour29

Postby sour29 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:39 pm

I thought it was John Vanderslice?

icapants

Postby icapants » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:59 pm

sour29 wrote:I thought it was John Vanderslice?

Seconded!

Liesbeth

Postby Liesbeth » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 am

Moni

Postby Moni » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:23 am

edit: i actually like this a lot. i'll have to check out more songs from that album.

Return to “Give Me a Moment”